Not directly related to this project, but.............

Curious observation while looking at this site on google, and the adjacent park to the south.

There is a surface parking lot for an apartment complex on Tyndall which abuts the park to the west.

When looking at it on Google it jumped out at me; because the entire parking lot was empty, not one vehicle.

No sign of the lot being under construction, thought that was odd.......

Went over to TO Maps.............and from their data, also a completely empty lot.

1604098572921.png

I'm not sure if that's the norm or not..............but it has me thinking maybe the City should just buy the lot and add it to the park.

Was by here today; didn't get a chance for pics, but can report that excavation has begun near the rear lot line, only down a little bit so far, while shoring is going on right next to the sidewalk on King.

They had the sidewalk closed.

Standing, not more than ~2M from the shoring rig and hearing it break ground is quite impressive.
So what would be the estimated completion date? My guess would be approximately end of 2022?

So what would be the estimated completion date? My guess would be approximately end of 2022?

I haven't heard anything new recently.

Last I heard was occupancy sometime in 2022.

Mid-to-late seems like a reasonable guess.

Not directly related to this project, but.............

Curious observation while looking at this site on google, and the adjacent park to the south.

There is a surface parking lot for an apartment complex on Tyndall which abuts the park to the west.

When looking at it on Google it jumped out at me; because the entire parking lot was empty, not one vehicle.

No sign of the lot being under construction, thought that was odd.......

Went over to TO Maps.............and from their data, also a completely empty lot.

View attachment 279852

I'm not sure if that's the norm or not..............but it has me thinking maybe the City should just buy the lot and add it to the park.

This area has been replaced by grass and a few benches. Here's a quick cell snap

PXL_20201119_193852304.jpg

This area has been replaced by grass and a few benches. Here's a quick cell snap

View attachment 283786

This is the former parking lot?

Edit: Nope, you can see this area in the aerial shots I posted above.

The parking lot is to the west of the park.

Looks like that's where you were standing when you took the pic.

This is the former parking lot?

Edit: Nope, you can see this area in the aerial shots I posted above.

The parking lot is to the west of the park.

Looks like that's where you were standing when you took the pic.

My mistake. I thought you had added the white outline to the picture to indicate the area you were talking about.

The area you were actually talking about had cars in it today so it's still very much an active lot.

My mistake. I thought you had added the white outline to the picture to indicate the area you were talking about.

The area you were actually talking about had cars in it today so it's still very much an active lot.

I'm becoming too predictable..............people see white lines on a pic and assume I put them there! LOL

Thank you for thinking about it though; and for the info in this last post.

Back