I did get this from a Tyler in the Councillor's office. I'll be emailing them today. Please, if others can spare a minute to do likewise, we may get some traction here:

Good progress, thanks for doing that. Also, not to re-hash old exchanges, but it's interesting to me that the Councillor's office semi-pointed their finger at Planning, both because they very rarely do that sort of thing, and because I recall Gregg Lintern posting a photo of that project a while back and pointing to it as a success, and then doubling down on that position to anyone who correctly pointed out how insane that is.

July 18, 2021:

IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0995.jpg
IMG_0996.jpg

??????????????????????????????????????

They heard some guy named PE didn't like the blacktop finish..............so they ripped it up............no one told them what to put back down!

Either that, or its the same crew from Wellington and they found Al Capone's vault and now need to wait til next year to decide what to do about it....

Hey now I wasn't trying to start a debate here 😂 I genuinely think the tower is decent. It has a visually interesting balcony pattern with black and white that really pop, and it's not compleyepy a blue spandrel mess.

The podium may be the worst in the city idk who greenlit that orange colour amongst other things but I'll maintain in my own subject taste that the tower is decent and better than most else in the surrounding area

Back