IMG_0883.JPG

Well, that view would definitely make me want to start my day with a sunrise swim! That would be a pretty spectacular way to really wake up…

Well, that view would definitely make me want to start my day with a sunrise swim! That would be a pretty spectacular way to really wake up…

Agreed! Such a great pic. Too bad that space is associated with the terrible podium of this project. Though I guess they can now say the orange panels are inspired by the colours of the sunrise you will see from the infinity pool. ?

The tower itself is clumsy enough aesthetically, but as countless posters have mentioned, the podium is utterly revolting. Cluttered grey-orange paneling, tacky materials, and shoddy quality of build...this is nothing short of an offense to those who must walk past this stretch of downtown on a regular basis. I won't even elaborate on what should be considered objective fact: all it takes is a glance at the gorgeous historical structure next door to realize how diminished our tastes have become over the course of a century.

How on earth did the city allow this...on what's arguably its number one street? Is this how a supposedly "world-class" city behaves? That Toronto fails to rise to the occasion when it really matters speaks volumes about our broader civic values: namely, cheapness, parsimony, and utter indifference. What's the latest version of the damn relief line being torn apart on the drawing board?

Fingers crossed that decades from now, this visually vulgar eco-bloodsucker can be dealt with. Preferably with the wrecking ball.

Last edited:
They're not going to do the bottom-most run of cladding until they get the sidewalks finished. Why put granite or flashing or whatnot if they know they're coming in with a bobcat shortly to tear out the surrounding material?

Imagine what this place could have been if it had the window wall of the tower (Karma?) next to it.

55C Condos by MOD Developments may provide us with an example of how that would look like in the future.
You might be right.

The theory from my perspective, that it's not the design is really at fault in many projects...but the execution thereof. The YC, with a Lamb like material requirement for example, could of put this project in a much better light.

Back