You mean they're going to be a new facade design? I hope they don't incorporate a lot of balconies into this design!

You mean they're going to be a new facade design? I hope they don't incorporate a lot of balconies into this design!
Who says they are changing anything?
...remember they are one of the only developers to takeover bankrupt projects while having many of their own going on

for example
YSL Residences - Yonge Street Living (383 Yonge) | 298.99m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Central Condos | 138.98m | 46s | Concord Adex | DIALOG

The Gloucester on Yonge | 147.82m | 44s | Concord Adex | a—A

Who says they are changing anything?
...remember they are one of the only developers to takeover bankrupt projects while having many of their own going on

for example
YSL Residences - Yonge Street Living (383 Yonge) | 298.99m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Central Condos | 138.98m | 46s | Concord Adex | DIALOG

The Gloucester on Yonge | 147.82m | 44s | Concord Adex | a—A

The Gloucester isn't exactly a remotely equal comparison as a substantial amount of construction (including partial cladding installation) had already occurred when Concord took over. Not to say they necessarily will change anything here, but it would be much easier to do with this project, than one where not only have the materials been ordered, but some are already on the tower.

Are there any renders for the new design?
Are you sure you're eager to see what they have in store for us? I think it's better they keep it under wraps for as long as possible before we unleash on them for the garbage they will be putting on site.

Yes, Concord will need to do much better in design or preferably just accept the existing one and not mess with it.
We're talking about Concord, a firm which couldnt care less about quality of their work. Of course they will mess with the design to dull it down as much as possible. Unfortunately it's not a case like up the street with Clover on Yonge with work which was already well underway.

Without a new ZBLA, they will have to work within the confines of what was passed on the previous ZBLA, so my guess is that they will do something similar to how Pemberton has dulled down the old Cresford Yorkville project.

Without a new ZBLA, they will have to work within the confines of what was passed on the previous ZBLA, so my guess is that they will do something similar to how Pemberton has dulled down the old Cresford Yorkville project.

What did Pemberton do to dull down the old Cresford project?

Last edited:
If you want to see the new renders before they are released, I have a quick solution. Open your trash can. Mentally enlarge the contents you see inside to 299 meters. Voila!

I must have wandered into the wrong thread - I thought we were talking about Aura!

I must have wandered into the wrong thread - I thought we were talking about Aura!
The Aura is a disposed paper towel roll, while this could look like a discarded pizza box. To be fair though, those where in my recycling bin as oppose to my trash. >.<

New article up in The Globe and Mail

Planned to be called "Concord Sky" and 95 storeys, 299 meters, expected completion 2026. Not sure how they're fitting in 95 storeys. Lower ceilings? Classic Concord.

Back