News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think the idea is that debit/credit users will be able to tap them on the presto readers themselves.

In London, loved just being able to tap-in and tap-out with my CC... no need to have an Oyster for one-off trips here and there.

I wanted to test to see if I could use Apple Pay, that would have been great. Hope that comes to Presto one day.

Reactions: rbt
In London, loved just being able to tap-in and tap-out with my CC... no need to have an Oyster for one-off trips here and there.

I wanted to test to see if I could use Apple Pay, that would have been great. Hope that comes to Presto one day.

Apple Pay does indeed work in London on tube/busses and (I believe) national rail within the London commuter zone.

Wont everything get replaced by Presto only in a year? What a waste.

I'm not sure what the single fare in-vehicle vending machine is for Presto yet and TTC intended to continue allowing for cash fares to be paid in all vehicles.

Considering this thing takes cash only and outputs a transfer of some kind (maybe even single-use presto tickets) it may be part of the long-term solution.

How do fare inspectors check if riders paid the fare if said riders used their credit card or smartphone to tap on?

How do fare inspectors check if riders paid the fare if said riders used their credit card or smartphone to tap on?
I'm pretty sure they'll have to tap the cc on the inspectors machine to verify. They can show the app to the inspector for phone taps.

A delivery reached Toronto yesterday, likely on its way to Hillcrest today.

Seems like the pace is slackening again.

- Paul
Are you surprise this is happening, considering past track records so far???

The reason first Q1 was met was the fact that late 2017 cars show up after 2017 deadline and became part of Q1 numbers. With 1 car to be delivery to TTC today or tomorrow, still leaves 11 more for Q2. Down to 45 days to have those 11 cars here at a rate 4 days between cars as single car delivery. One should be 4466 that being partly rebuilt and should take less time to do it than a full new one.

There are 23 days left in May plus 30 in June. Thats 53 days to have them here not 45
TTC doesn't take deliveries on the weekend, with June 29 being the last day to receive a car.

Regardless if its 45 days or 52, cutting delivery close. Its still about a car arriving every 4 days at Hillcrest.

The last car has to be ship from TB by June 22 to allow CP time to delivery it by June 29. Thats makes it 45 days.

Back