News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Change the rules for the sidestreet.

Do what Green P does elsewhere. Buy a building and demolish it.

Which building in that area could they buy? I think you need to revisit that area. The only place they could put parking is at Jane and Hanley (just north of Annette) but they demolished the auto body shop and are currently building townhomes

Which building in that area could they buy? I think you need to revisit that area. The only place they could put parking is at Jane and Hanley (just north of Annette) but they demolished the auto body shop and are currently building townhomes
They don't have any problems currently finding new buildings to knock down for Green P lots at Broadview/Queen, Broadview/Gerrard, and Broadview/Danforth. I can't imagine Jane is that unique.

Anyway, the Jane LRT will be underground between Eglinton or Woolner and Bloor. No need to spend time arguing about that Nfitz.
What is source for this? I have no idea - I'm simply stating that it doesn't have to be, if one wants to be cheap and pragmatic.

LRT may be feasible south of Eglinton - my concern is grades, rather than street width - the question remains, is it needed?

Jane is a very busy bus route, but I'd like to see the ridership projections with Crosstown, Finch, TYSSE, and a fare-integrated ST in the assumptions. ST in particular has the potential to take a lot of the riders off the bus at Mount Dennis. No one headed for the center of the city, or for any of the east-west transfers (Eglinton, St Clair, Bloor) wants to go to Jane and Bloor and then ride all the way east. ST with transfer at Dundas West will be waaay more attractve. I don't see that many people waiting on the westbound platform at jane - the ridership mostly wants to connect eastwards.

- Paul

LRT may be feasible south of Eglinton - my concern is grades, rather than street width - the question remains, is it needed?

Jane is a very busy bus route, but I'd like to see the ridership projections with Crosstown, Finch, TYSSE, and a fare-integrated ST in the assumptions. ST in particular has the potential to take a lot of the riders off the bus at Mount Dennis. No one headed for the center of the city, or for any of the east-west transfers (Eglinton, St Clair, Bloor) wants to go to Jane and Bloor and then ride all the way east. ST with transfer at Dundas West will be waaay more attractve. I don't see that many people waiting on the westbound platform at jane - the ridership mostly wants to connect eastwards.

- Paul

That's assuming a fare-integrated ST is a real and feasible thing, or if it's just GO RER and Crosstown West with Tory's election stamp on it.

??? There were multiple plans for Eglinton West int the City release last month - but most were heavy rail (SmartTrack). As far as I know they only provided a single LRT option - and that's the one from the EA - which includes Jane:

You are likely mistakenly thinking of a report by a different government.

your right - It was Metrolinx. That makes me feel better that Metrolinx and the City are not talking to each other. I thought it was two groups within the city.

CauPht6VAAAciD_.png

Presumably that would come out in the study - though they must have the projections from the aborted Transit City Jane LRT EA.

Though where are the grades of concern? I've only walked as far as Annette from Bloor. I'm not familiar with further north. Perhaps a structure might be necessary somewhere - as contemplated for the Eglinton line at Jane itself - simply because of the topography.

Though where are the grades of concrn? I've only walked as far as Annette from Bloor. I'm not familiar with further north. Perhaps a structure might be necessary somewhere - as contemplated for the Eglinton line at Jane itself - simply because of the topography.

I would not say they are insurmountable, but they are long enough and steep enough that I'd be interested in how the Flexities perform acceleration-wise and whether special attention would be needed in bad weather. The worst are coming out of the creek bed from Alliance in both directions. You can check them out on google earth, just remember that google uses very wide angle lenses and this makes them look tamer.

- Paul

Ah, Black Creek. Same issue on Eglinton - which presumably is why they were going to elevate that. Should be easy enough to get the elevations off the old Metro Toronto mapsheets - hmm, which I can't put my fingers on at this moment.

Very steep going south of Eglinton up to East dr!
Would be issues on a day like today.
Would be a lotr safer to tunnel through , pop out on top & stop @ Aliance ave.
but then you would have go under ground on an incline to St. Clair.
Would be better off leaving it
underground all the way to Bloor with a
few other stops in between.
I gotta wonder if John Tory's ST Plan is just pipe dream & he 's come to the realization that this Transit plan is ready to go EA ( dig ready what Lib's . are looking for infra structure projects) wise!
But still don't under stand what the need for this on Jane LRT going south.
North yes from ECLRT.
Relatively cheap to build !
South expensive or it will look like St Clair st. Car line with one lane for cars & no parking.
Don't think the residences in those areas would be to happy with no where to park there car since most don't have a drive way or parkette.

It's just sad the way politicians and planners keep toying with us with this proposal. This thing has been in the books for over a decade, and it's probably the line that's furthest away from reality.

The Waterfront LRT, and Sheppard East LRT are much closer to reality and look and where we are with those two projects.

But hey I still think they need to build part or all of it !
This would give them an alternate route north , south & connect all the dots.
From Bloor subway to ECLRT & Finch west lrt.
And of course the northern part to YUS sub.
You never know maybe even the DRL which might be why they wanna go to Bloor st with the Jane LRT.
That makes sense but were taking 10 to 15 years before this might happen.
All talk ! Lets get a move on all ready
Were 40 to 50 years behind which John Tory knows this. So far so good make it happen John.

- Paul
That's the plan already. The 35/195 will end at Mt Dennis with a new 19 Jane South running between Mt Dennis to Jane Station. They are proposing a 6 minute headway on the 19 with no overlapping express service. (See Mt Dennis Mobility hub plans from Metrolinx). That hardly justifies a subway like LRT service.

Back