News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

"Pretty"...yeah and then some... sounds like he wrote the hand book on downtown elites and their distain for the "burbs". He should stick to the Starbucks table and the latte' that is his world.
It was a pun. Relax. I'm a suburbanite myself, and I don't want my tax money going towards boutique subway stations that are convenient for pretty much nobody.

What I have a disdain for is entitled Torontonians who believe that their neighbourhoods are special and should not be altered for any reason, to keep land values high and strangers out.

On the other hand, take one look at the Rockcliffe Care Community building and tell me it's a warm and inviting structure.

I've gotten to a point where I see plain concrete buildings like that and visualize: well-insulated, long-lasting, and...actually inviting.

Also what could be very cool would be if the hospital is redeveloped and they keep the circular wing and retrofit for lofts. It's not extremely unique to have a circular brick building for that era, but they don't exactly build them like that anymore.

Very brief references to the SSE in the Metrolinx Board agenda.

1605909907728.png

Wait, does that mean they will be closing the SRT until the new subway is done? That seems silly if there arent even shovels in the ground...
No. My memory is that the cost-benefit of refurbing the SRT to keep it going till the SSE is done makes no sense (and may no longer be possible). At some point in the next decade it will reach the end of its useful life and be shut down. At that point it’s buses until the SSE is live.

No. My memory is that the cost-benefit of refurbing the SRT to keep it going till the SSE is done makes no sense (and may no longer be possible). At some point in the next decade it will reach the end of its useful life and be shut down. At that point it’s buses until the SSE is live.
Last time I checked, the SRT would keep running until 2026. By then SSE would've opened but as we know SSE was pushed back to 2029-2030. So Scarborough riders would be stuck on buses for 3 to 4 years.

Back