News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

YOu don;t get it. Everyone is saying they know what is best for Scarborough but perhaps just perhaps Scarbarians do not want a subway. How dense can you be not understanding what I am trying to say and thinking i am saying lets in the future all have residents vote yes/no to subways

Relax, no need for personal insults, right? :)

For the record, everyone I know in Scarborough is in favour of the subway.

That said, yes, it is 100% clear both sides are completely full of idiots. But do you really expect councillors to be knowledgeable about transit issues? It's ultimately going to boil down to sound bites.

What exactly were they voting on -- subway vs LRT, or whether to delay the 0.5% property tax increase? I thought they needed a 2/3 majority just to reopen the subway-LRT debate.

Judging from the (near) unanimous support of the One City taxation plan, I think it's fair to say that Toronto very much has a desire to "go back to the old tax and spend days" if that means more transit.
It's not fair to say anything. There is no guarantee Council would pass a package of transit taxes.

What exactly were they voting on -- subway vs LRT, or whether to delay the 0.5% property tax increase? I thought they needed a 2/3 majority just to reopen the subway-LRT debate.
The motion was to defer the 0.5% but was for all intents and purposes meant to kill the subway. It didn't need the 2/3 vote to reopen because the previous motion passed a few months back didn't actually set the tax rate but recommended it for consideration in the 2014 budget.

The motion was to defer the 0.5% but was for all intents and purposes meant to kill the subway. It didn't need the 2/3 vote to reopen because the previous motion passed a few months back didn't actually set the tax rate but recommended it for consideration in the 2014 budget.

So the subway almost died yesterday.

I don't trust them. UT needs to stage an armed coup.
I approve of this. Let's get rid of the Fords and the apologist Neil Flagg and send them to the Deep South where they belong. Have Alessandro Lisi and MetroMan give us intelligence. Perhaps we can do this, Ukrainian-style.

Last edited:
Its amazing that Ford wanted to keep the increase at 1.75% yet that additional .05% was for that subway he wants to build. Its too bad he did not get confused and vote down the budget to show he was against that much of an increase.

What lawsuits (if the subway had been changed to LRT)? I mean they just voted in the Spring did they not to change from LRT to subway. Why was that ok and are there not penalties for that? What could they possibly have done since the Spring that now there would be penalties. I mean really.

Last edited:

Back