News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Any idea when drilling will begin for the Relief Line route?

It's coming but it will come much quicker when your Politicians & Political media megaphone stop trying to take from projects in other areas of the City & build together.

From the article.
"The shouting still isn’t over on whether the Scarborough Subway should be built at all, despite what De Baeremaeker, Mayor John Tory, or Scarborough’s MPPs have said."

And this is what your leaders will do instead. Thanks to Tory the newly added a property tax increase will hopefully help us all out & stop this Political nonsense. Could have been much easier to avoid the extension with an intelligent LRT network. But even when your Politicians are desperate because there Mickey Mouse suburban transit plan backfired they still just bark & have no other useful plan to replace the subway extension except more of the same.

I want to see the DRL built as well as many other necessary projects. But this DRL Priority narrative & repetitive BS cheap alternatives patch/transfer plans for Scarborough gets us nowhere Politically & only allows us to flip flop us between polarizing inadequate transit plans. Hopefully we can start working together to build the entire City

This disgraceful Media giant tries so hard to convince it's base that Tory & Ford politics are just imaginary & that there really is no problem with how we invest in the outer areas of the City. The Elite media should feel lucky Mayor Tory leans to the left side of center as much as he does. That's the best its going to be until this nonsense come to an end

Last edited:
And this is what your leaders will do instead. Thanks to Tory the newly added a property tax increase will hopefully help us all out & stop this Political nonsense. Could have been much easier to avoid the extension with an intelligent LRT network. But even when your Politicians are desperate because there Mickey Mouse suburban transit plan backfired they still just bark & have no other useful plan to replace the subway extension except more of the same.

I want to see the DRL built as well as many other necessary projects. But this DRL Priority narrative & repetitive BS cheap alternatives patch/transfer plans for Scarborough gets us nowhere Politically & only allows us to flip flop us between polarizing inadequate transit plans. Hopefully we can start working together to build the entire City

This disgraceful Media giant tries so hard to convince it's base that Tory & Ford politics are just imaginary & that there really is no problem with how we invest in the outer areas of the City. The Elite media should feel lucky Mayor Tory leans to the left side of center as much as he does. That's the best its going to be until this nonsense come to an end

18j4z9yh6q0zojpg.jpg

Anything else to say?

Attachments

• 18j4z9yh6q0zojpg.jpg
    18j4z9yh6q0zojpg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 496
From http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...rborough-subway-s-mccowan-route-now-underway/

"When the numbers come out I’m going to be very confident going into council recommending a subway, as will the mayor.”

Yes of course Glenn, because in BizzaroScarborough we make decisions before the appropriate studies are done.

"As to whether SmartTrack, proposed last year, will take riders away from the extension, De Baeremaeker said, “I’m OK with that.”"

Excuse me? So in a city where we are strapped for transit expansion dollars, we can afford stupidity like this? Yes of course Glenn, it is BizarroScarborough.

"Asked about continuing criticism of the project as illogical or wasteful, the deputy mayor said the Eglinton Crosstown LRT line will carry less people, and cost twice as much, $8 billion.

“This is why I feel we’ve been under attack in Scarborough,”"

Yes of course Glenn, don't listen to Josh Matlow quoted in this article when pointing out no one in their right mind thinks LRT is more expensive than subway. Yes Glenn, in BizarroScarborough it makes total sense to compare a 3-stop 7.6 km subway with a 43-stop 19 km LRT.

Who the hell voted for this moron?

Anything else to say?[/QUOTE]

Yes ill say the same thing every time your favorite Media source throws out an article with the same broken record

Last edited:

It's Okay you don't agree with my view. Put that aside.

The one thing for sure is we're building little in the next decade without a substantial investment in Toronto's suburbs to replace the Subway project. Especially at this point in the process you'll never see the support that was fragile to begin with.

Id personally prefer to see a fairly designed & fully funded LRT project instead of a Subway extension and a Sheppard something. But that's not & has never been on the table. So between the SSE, Smarttrack & the possibly Sheppard thingy, Scarborough has put the Central, West, & North areas in very good shape for the future. All the while making the one bus trip to the Subway faster and more convenient for the the East & South East residents who's great great Grand kids will hopefully see the SMLRT build to loop Eglinton to Sheppard one day. But that was never on the table to begin with. So atleast they are closer to the main transit Artery

The subway a much better investment for Scarborough then the poorly routed patchy LRT. So without another decent plan on the table aside from the same ol' from the Downtown Politicians it is what it is.

From http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...rborough-subway-s-mccowan-route-now-underway/

"When the numbers come out I’m going to be very confident going into council recommending a subway, as will the mayor.”

Yes of course Glenn, because in BizzaroScarborough we make decisions before the appropriate studies are done.

"As to whether SmartTrack, proposed last year, will take riders away from the extension, De Baeremaeker said, “I’m OK with that.”"

Excuse me? So in a city where we are strapped for transit expansion dollars, we can afford stupidity like this? Yes of course Glenn, it is BizarroScarborough.

"Asked about continuing criticism of the project as illogical or wasteful, the deputy mayor said the Eglinton Crosstown LRT line will carry less people, and cost twice as much, $8 billion.

“This is why I feel we’ve been under attack in Scarborough,”"

Yes of course Glenn, don't listen to Josh Matlow quoted in this article when pointing out no one in their right mind thinks LRT is more expensive than subway. Yes Glenn, in BizarroScarborough it makes total sense to compare a 3-stop 7.6 km subway with a 43-stop 19 km LRT.

Who the hell voted for this moron?

All politicians are self serving morons. Theses articles are slanted to make him look even worse. That's what Metroland does. This article is not even that bad overall but that usuall means there's an opinion piece to follow shortly after. They always try to paint Matlow as an intelligent rocket scientist & Glenn D look like a grade 6 drop out. Just food to fuel there base & it clearly works every time

Unfortunately Scarborough doesn't have any Political media support to slant outside Politicians.

Last edited:
Any more nonsense, I'll close the thread to further comments for a day or two. Coffey1, you're not contributing anything helpful in his debate.

Any more nonsense, I'll close the thread to further comments for a day or two. Coffey1, you're not contributing anything helpful in his debate.

Overall I said my piece numerous times so I get it ill take a break. I get that

But I am part of the debate. Just trying explain my view on the bigger Political picture as im tired of the stones that get thrown thru the media and on these forums at Scarborough residents & Politicians with minimal truthful thought or proper solutions for these & other major issues not being fairly reported in the narrative provided in this City's media.

So feel free shut me down if I don't fit in with your group's overall theme.

Last edited:
It's not just what you're saying. How you're saying it matters too.

Yes because other posters have so eloquently bashed Scarborough voters, Politicians etc. I get it that the rope is thin on opposing views since they stand out.

Again... I'm done posting for now until things really get really absurd with the reports due out in the new year or until your team decides to remove me if that's how this forum prefers to operate.

Happy & safe Holidays to all!

Yes because other posters have so eloquently bashed Scarborough voters, Politicians etc. I get it that the rope is thin on opposing views since they stand out.

Again... I'm done posting for now until things really get really absurd with the reports due out in the new year or until your team decides to remove me if that's how this forum prefers to operate.

Happy & safe Holidays to all!

Yes... the rope is thin hereabouts. I LOVE that... metaphor? adage? o_O

I've enjoyed this 'debate' and I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that if we scrap all higher order levels of transit east of Don Mills, pave all major arterials with extra lanes, and build a berm, the world will be a better place.

Last edited:
You have not learned coffey1...The Rob Ford thread is the only place where you could say anything (even the most over-the-top crap) and the mods don't care ;)

It's not WHAT he says, it's how often he says it. He's said his rant dozens of times. Everyone who's gonna be convinced has been convinced already. Repeating the same tirade does nothing to further the discussion.

Back