News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

From link.

View attachment 365440
That makes them almost the same station box length of Toronto's legacy subway platforms. While 90m is about 3 Flexity Freedom light rail vehicles in length, that could be extended to 5 Flexity Freeom light rail vehicles, if they make use of the entire station box.
They won’t never be able to make use of the entire station box. Electrical rooms, ventilation equipment and storage will always occupy some part of the station.

Lovat got bought up Caterpillar, which subsequently exited the TBM business, shut down the Toronto plant and sold the IP to some Chinese company.

AoD
Just a slightly different twist to what Caterpillar did to the London Ontario locomotive plant, when they shut it down and moved production to a non-union area in the United States almost ten years ago:

Feb 3, 2012 — American industrial giant Caterpillar is closing its locomotive plant in London and putting 460 workers out of their jobs just over a month ...

They won’t never be able to make use of the entire station box. Electrical rooms, ventilation equipment and storage will always occupy some part of the station.
Those electrical rooms and equipment would be on the mezzanine level (above the station platforms and below the entrances).

20211125-scarborough-subway-extension.jpg

Read the message - *rapid transit* - these trams are far from rapid. . . . . we are building a trunk line with trams

Calling the Overground an LRT is shockingly incorrect but in Toronto I am somehow not surprised

It will be over capacity from Day 1 unless we have another pandemic - *this LRT* cannot handle more than 15,000 ppdph - which is not much, especially since half of it is a subway through a major city where transit lines typically do very well . . .
Maybe if took the SRT route to STC you would have a point, but it doesn't. Like I said, I don't disagree, but what's done is done. It's about the capacity, not just whether it's above or below ground. If the Rockets ran on grade in the street, same issues.

Maybe if took the SRT route to STC you would have a point, but it doesn't. Like I said, I don't disagree, but what's done is done. It's about the capacity, not just whether it's above or below ground. If the Rockets ran on grade in the street, same issues.
The current "subway" in Toronto is not very "rapid" at several sections of the lines.

Back