News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There's also an inidcation on that map for "EEB8," which would likely be the northernmost emergency exit on the line so, yeah, hard to imagine a solution that leaves him with his property, subject to whatever revisions we see in the next iteration of the plans.
Looking at the other EEB locations, there's a lot of flexibility in the lateral location of the building (the B in the EEB).

Isn't a PPDO, the kiss-and-ride, or am I mixing my acronyms?

If it's that far from the station I'd think there's be a lot of room to find a better location. And how big it need be? It would fit in the parking lot.

I must be missing something ...
It's so close to the CP rail tracks. The location has potential.

0E851FF5-0EDB-409C-A507-3746E2A361C1.jpeg

What happened to the idea of having the station and bus terminal closer to the mall?

View attachment 372618

What happened to the idea of having the station and bus terminal closer to the mall?
That was the city planned alignment where the line curves a bit west at Ellesmere hence affecting the wood lot.

The provincial alignment will stay under McCowan. All that plans for a huge fairy tale terminal is scrapped.

The earlier plan was insane. It had walks of 1/3 of a mile to get to some bus platforms.
And insanely more expensive as well.

The bus terminal size needed now that the line is running to Sheppard is much smaller, and we all know Metrolinx has been driving infrastructure design to be more cost efficient. The City’s transit projects, both the Scarborough subway and RL, we’re bloated expensive messes of projects with insane amounts of money wasted on silly things which produced worse overall outcomes.

The provincial versions of the projects still have some issues and go too far in some spots for cost cutting (like removing too many stations on the Yonge extension and burying Eglinton West when it should have been elevated), but generally removed a lot of the insanely expensive aspects of the old city-led plans.

Question, probably is silly around here....

Does the launch shaft become a station after ??
I’d assume not because you are going to need to put the tail tracks somewhere
It can definitely become part of the station, if you're spending so much time and money making a massive hole, might as well use it for more than just a launch shaft. And the tail tracks could arguably just be manually dug out afterwards if you need more space.

It can definitely become part of the station, if you're spending so much time and money making a massive hole, might as well use it for more than just a launch shaft. And the tail tracks could arguably just be manually dug out afterwards if you need more space.

That's what I was thinking, thats a lot of work to launch the tbms, I was wondering if they use it for something or just fill it back in

That's what I was thinking, thats a lot of work to launch the tbms, I was wondering if they use it for something or just fill it back in
Ends up being station, or tunnel, or train storage, or tail tracks ... I'm not sure what this particular design is - and even quite where this is relative to Sheppard East station.

Back