News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Preliminary only, of course; but I like that its distinctive and features a strong use of colour; there are no large bits of unfinished walls or ceiling; and the ilghting is reasonably attractive. My questions marks here would be the paneling between the tracks and a question how that will handle lots of brake dust (maybe better to finish it black/charcoal); also the ceiling panels don't look terrible, but there's something oddly 70s about them.

Last edited:
So the new Scarborough Center Train station will be where McCown station is currently and not actually connected to STC ? Or do I have that incorrect?

So the new Scarborough Center Train station will be where McCown station is currently and not actually connected to STC ? Or do I have that incorrect?
They've changed this plan so many times. The current (final) plan it to centre the station at Progress and McCowan, with the main building at the southeast corner, not far north from the existing McCowan station. But with a secondary entrance at the northwest corner of Triton and McCowan. I'd assume ultimately the mall would have some kind of connection/expansion from there to the mall.

At one point they were going underneath Borough Drive, near the intersection with Triton Road - and I'd have thought that was less disruptive

It's odd that I haven't seen good maps of the station locations and renderings in the same manner that Metrolinx keeps showing the Ontario Line ones. Is there a page on the website?

Here's a crappy one though that Metrolinx released last year:
1674055399938.png

Last edited:
They've changed this plan so many times. The current (final) plan it to centre the station at Progress and McCowan, with the main building at the southeast corner, not far north from the existing McCowan station. But with a secondary entrance at the northwest corner of Triton and McCowan. I'd assume ultimately the mall would have some kind of connection/expansion from there to the mall.

At one point they were going underneath Borough Drive, near the intersection with Triton Road - and I'd have thought that was less disruptive

It's odd that I haven't seen good maps of the station locations and renderings in the same manner that Metrolinx keeps showing the Ontario Line ones. Is there a page on the website?

Here's a crappy one though that Metrolinx released last year:
View attachment 451208
probably because the stations contract is 2 years out from signing? unlike ontario line which is doing the tunnels and the stations at relatively the same time

probably because the stations contract is 2 years out from signing? unlike ontario line which is doing the tunnels and the stations at relatively the same time
No - the contractor for the stations was selected last year. I'm surprised that they haven't signed yet. But if you look in Aecon's careers section, they are already hiring, so presumably immenent.

If you look at the same schedule for the Ontario Line, the southern section is only running 22 days earlier! We've seen more information on the Pape Avenue stations for Ontario line, and they haven't even issued an RFP yet!

No - the contractor for the stations was selected last year. I'm surprised that they haven't signed yet. But if you look in Aecon's careers section, they are already hiring, so presumably immenent.

If you look at the same schedule for the Ontario Line, the southern section is only running 22 days earlier! We've seen more information on the Pape Avenue stations for Ontario line, and they haven't even issued an RFP yet!
i mean, yea "something" was signed, but it was the "2 year development agreement" we wont see any real details for another year at least is my guess.
now the pape station renders are a good point, but i would argue that look at how much OL north section has changed. running under pape vs beside it.

just saying that designs havent even come close to being finalized

Latest Capital Projects - Rapid Transit update report to the next Mx Board Mtg has the following to say in relation to the topic of this thread:

1676402841730.png

No interchange stations, 3 new station builds, tunneling already commenced, is this really a 7-10yr project. Am I just vastly underestimating construction times of a project like this?

No interchange stations, 3 new station builds, tunneling already commenced, is this really a 7-10yr project. Am I just vastly underestimating construction times of a project like this?
That they start tunnelling way before station construction starts is part of the problem. Especially as the stations take longer. Once again, actual station construction mighty not start until after the tunnelling is complete.

If you look at the new subway in Vancouver, they've been building stations for near a year (or more?) and haven't even received the tunnel boring machines yet!

Back