News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I was more thinking with the current plans for line 4 to connect at some point to Sheppard West, that this would be seperate from line 1.

Metrolinx has floated the idea of some type of loop in its current future planning.
The only loop line that I can think of would be the ontario line loop which somehow is supposed to conect RHC to Pearson and the rest of the Ontario Line via 407, but even then I dont how that hideous idea would look. Nothing involving line 4 or 2

How much is the possibility that they end up Connecting Line 2 to Line 4 and make a loop line of sorts?

Line 4 has been envisioned, for as long as I know, to go for a 1 seat ride to STC. With the province looking to extend the line to at least Sheppard/McCowan it seems like they could align this
If they rezone the couple or three blocks from the stations to mixed-use, multi-story higher density. Then they can think about adding the missing Willowdale Station (on Sheppard Avenue East) and then extending westward to intersect with the Sheppard West Station on Line 1.

If they don't do a higher density rezoning, then connecting Line 2 and Line 4 is out of the question.

A Vancouver style skytrain wouldve made so much more sense than surface lrt or a subway.
1) Would this mean a significant reduction in infrastructure investment or would it mean a longer section to be built?

2) Would this include a linear transfer?

I'm confused as to why Sheppard needs to divert south when the Danforth line is already going to STC. If someone on Sheppard wants to get to the STC, then transfer at Sheppard n McCowan and take the Danforth line one stop south.

Bringing Sheppard to STC precludes it from heading east and creating a crosstown rail link on the northern side of the city.

Scarborough doesn't start or end at McCown ppl
Making a ton of people make one stop trips is bad, that’s why. STC is already an important node, no reason you can’t divert back north after connecting to it.

Making a ton of people make one stop trips is bad, that’s why. STC is already an important node, no reason you can’t divert back north after connecting to it.

So what exactly is the difference than diverting south to end up at STC ? If Sheppard were ever extended more east then that wouldn't work out

Is really relevant anyway?
It is absolutely relevant. David Miller is someone that is well-known and lots of people respect. If he is puttting out misinformation, it lowers the quality of any discussion of future action.

That is of course unless you believe that lies are not in themselves bad if they lead to the ends you want. I personally follow two rules. 1) Tell the truth. 2) Don't lie.

It is absolutely relevant. David Miller is someone that is well-known and lots of people respect. If he is puttting out misinformation, it lowers the quality of any discussion of future action.

That is of course unless you believe that lies are not in themselves bad if they lead to the ends you want. I personally follow two rules. 1) Tell the truth. 2) Don't lie.

I don't support misinformation, no, but I'm just tired hiring from this guy who has always been anti-DRL.

Back