News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I can't imagine a single route diverting from Sheppard up Neilson to Malvern Centre, then returning back to Sheppard. That would add at least 10 minuntes to the trip between the Sheppard / MCowan subway station and the points east of Neilson. And then, a regular mixed-traffic all-stop bus that stays on Sheppard would be faster than the LRT.

Pretty sure that if the LRT operates on Sheppard, then Malvern Centre will be served by a branch. Definitely, there will be a branch that connects Malvern Centre to Sheppard / MCowan. I am not sure about other branch(es): Sheppard / MCowan to UTSC and Kennedy, or Malvern Centre to UTSC and Kennedy, or both of those.

This is definitely what was proposed.

Could it be the old SRT right of way that was reserved for a Malvern extension?

I really am not going to say what is being mused about at this stage; east of McCowan Station.

To be clear, I'm not involved in that conversation, just aware of it; and to call it preliminary is an understatement.

That said, various options are being looked at. For clarity, what's being bandied about is not likely to happen in the near term, and indeed the medium term is an open question.

Since this discussion is going in a loop, I'll repeat the "what about" concerning the huge and difficult to repurpose empty section of the rail yard located to the north-east.

View attachment 554019

What about it?

LOL

Repurposing it as a subway yard is an option, so is Wilson Yard if Sheppard is extended west.

There's also the matter of an as yet very theoretical HFR/HSR that will pass this yard in its routine runs.........

Back