News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Progress station could be changed to a station that actually connects to the mall.
That would have been redundant I think.

Also it was planned to be west of Brimely - at least according to the 2011 report.
1653504578078.png

Option 4 was interesting.
1653504659052.png

Ridings along Sheppard voted PC - so I guess this will be happening. I wouldn't be surprised if a Western extension gets done as well at this point (It would be a good thing)
Kind of a waste of money, frankly.

Kind of a waste of money, frankly.
Not completing the line to maximize its potential makes the initial investment and ongoing operational costs a waste of money. The corridor's density is increasing rapidly, a northern crosstown is a good thing in my opinion with opportunities to go south and hit Wilson and Lawrence Avenue West

Ridings along Sheppard voted PC - so I guess this will be happening. I wouldn't be surprised if a Western extension gets done as well at this point (It would be a good thing)

I think, no sooner than in 2024. Aiming to make headlines for the 2026 elections.

Not completing the line to maximize its potential makes the initial investment and ongoing operational costs a waste of money. The corridor's density is increasing rapidly, a northern crosstown is a good thing in my opinion with opportunities to go south and hit Wilson and Lawrence Avenue West
Sunk cost fallacy.

A full crosstown Shepherd has loads of potential--with multiple interchanges within the expanding network--esp considering that this is an honest to god subway, unlike the watered down hybrid a few klicks to the south.
A proper crosstown Sheppard line is going to cost $15bn. Better off to start a new line from scratch that doesn't require tunneling the entire route.

Sunk cost fallacy.
Living on the line - the alternative of having all those people on the 85 bus is worse. If anything, more rapid transit is needed both east and west.

A proper crosstown Sheppard line is going to cost $15bn. Better off to start a new line from scratch that doesn't require tunneling the entire route.
A new line? Will we ever need a "brand new line" after the Ontario Line besides extending existing lines?

Are we going to have this debate again? You don't need to tunnel the entire route.
1000% agree with this. Sheppard Avenue is wide enough in part of the stretch especially east of Victoria Park and west of Bathurst.

Also #CutAndCover >>>> tunelling

Back