To your last comment, no point in putting out the contracts if they are still working to get Cummer Station added to the line. Cheaper to delay than issue a major change order later on.
To clarify are you suggesting that Cummer Station would be added to the line before putting out the RFQ? or the RFP?

To clarify are you suggesting that Cummer Station would be added to the line before putting out the RFQ? or the RFP?
I don't have any insider info but it would be in their best interest to firm up decisions around stations before going to procurement, yes

I don't have any insider info but it would be in their best interest to firm up decisions around stations before going to procurement, yes
Fair assessment, I guess we will find out within the next 50 days or so. I would assume Ford would want to announce Cummer Station prior to the June 2 election or else its wasted political story

Still no RFQ for the Yonge North Subway Extension - Advance Tunnel by the June 30 deadline as promised by the IO May 2022 Market Update. Wonder if the update is exclusively surrounding the addition of Cummer Station. If so kind of sad tbh we have a 28 + Billion GTA Transit Developmental Plan and get our shit together to add one final station and get this on the ground running.

Other factor is the Ontario Line needs to be in operation and that appears to be delayed so perhaps they are taking their time with YNSE.

A couple of bits of info on the Yonge North project came out at the last TTC meeting on July 14th. A couple of tidbits via Steve Munro, from this post:

1658513394485.png

1658513415698.png

^^^ This is sensible.

A couple of bits of info on the Yonge North project came out at the last TTC meeting on July 14th. A couple of tidbits via Steve Munro, from this post:

View attachment 415269

View attachment 415270

^^^ This is sensible.

Is it though? How many through-routes will there be?

Latest updates from the Metrolinx York Region email newsletter.

Yonge North Subway Extension​

Construction Notices​

Geotechnical Field Investigations (Banquo Rd)​
T9BXlp0LhGLe0EbjvAnhkmJsdcx1LkqqEFiN2q5JyS0NxJcj_x2vPS5KFu9aEbLAP7l60LTBmfm7NMtOR9EPpfcp_JA-bSDeEWL4SgHe_btJVDx0_2LokiGsDZoITHEuueiChjBos8KY03hklrByecENotDO_Q=s0-d-e1-ft
Over the next few months, our contractors will be conducting geotechnical field investigations and non-invasive utility surveys at three locations in front of 14, 16 and 20 Banquo Rd in the Royal Orchard community. This is an important stage of the planning and design work for the Yonge North Subway Extension.

Duration: August to End of October 2022

Timing: Weekdays from 9:30am to 3:30pm

What to expect:
  • You will notice borehole drilling equipment and survey crews on roads in the area.​
  • Equipment used will include a drill rig and support vehicles, as well as survey equipment such as cameras and tripods.​
  • Drill rigs will be removed after every shift, but storage drums for soil and water (with no noticeable smell) will remain on City property in the boulevard. These will not interfere with garbage/recycling pick-up.​
  • Metrolinx will be monitoring noise levels to ensure they do not exceed what is permitted by municipal by-laws. Every effort will be made to minimize disruption.​

Community Events​

Our team has been in the community all summer long, answering your questions about the Yonge North Subway Extension!​
Bp83ge544O0Lv2jA9MFG4jAelL_Dnf1QawHd71zor-bptQ2llNllt_6-dCi025j_EhKDWWGWSIWmwW4u2X9zXAXzgiWlaVvIIh4lDyma5JoV1wNiXscP9Pt6OIq5mNJme3bSefRRvce3zFofgxQvHS6YgRooOw=s0-d-e1-ft
Royal Orchard Community Walk (July 9, 2022)

We kicked July off with a community walk through Royal Orchard, stopping at five points along the subway route, the Gazebo, Normark Drive, Banquo Street, Royal Orchard Park and St. Andrews Public School. This informal meeting between residents, Metrolinx staff and elected officials of Markham and Thornhill allowed us to work through some of the community impacts of the Yonge North Subway Extension. A big thank you to everyone who attended!​
EIfcNJtf3C9L4lqF3pISRLGkEtfXre0NP2R8PmTWl4wSsyXKL3POP0x0PDNZ-tCgTAXY9u0XyXvkUMjpJt1lXbmwugd_R0ZzubIJsM4GY407i6hp44kT39zvENgsHUZtwBxRNRFLOpGTnBSvrhF8_qf8VyPGBw=s0-d-e1-ft
Royal Orchard Canvass (July 25, 2022)

On Monday, July 25, we canvassed 35 households on Thorny Brae Dr, Bay Thorn Dr, Banquo Rd and Kirk Dr in the Royal Orchard community to provide written notice about exterior assessments that would be taking place throughout August. These assessments are in preparation for tunneling.

How come on the map, High Tech, Bridge and Steeles (and Finch) bu Clark, Royal Orchard and Cummer/Drewry are in grey? Because they were the on-the-bubble stations way back when, even though 2/3 are now confirmed? And I guess Cummer/Drewry isn't completely dead yet...

How come on the map, High Tech, Bridge and Steeles (and Finch) bu Clark, Royal Orchard and Cummer/Drewry are in grey? Because they were the on-the-bubble stations way back when, even though 2/3 are now confirmed? And I guess Cummer/Drewry isn't completely dead yet...
It's also a seemingly older alignment.

It's also a seemingly older alignment.
Indeed, it is!

(Also, "Richmond HIll" is definitely not written on the right place of the map [it's north of Bridge, not east of Royal Orchard]...but aside from those three things, it's all good, I guess.)

Back