More than anything, I'm happy that the new tallest towers in Toronto (and Canada), which will most likely become icons heavily associated with the city, will be designed by a legitimate architect like Norman Foster rather than P+S or G+C.

Uhhhh, soopertall? Two of them? Maybe three even?

I don't think I'm the fanboy mentioned above, but I have to admit I'm suddenly at attention.

They remind me of the Hearst Tower in NYC. Two giant versions of it. Be a bit weird that we'd have two supertall twin towers on our skyline, but I think it would look absolutely amazing.

Cadillac Fairview might have to up size their 234 meter office tower proposal across the street.

Office demand in Toronto is set to far outpace the ability of even the biggest developers to construct space for the market in a timely manner.

Very impressive. The predictions about office space demand seem to have taken a complete U-turn, and now we're on the back-foot. Not that I'm complaining. This will also hopefully all push the DRL even higher up the agenda.

Very impressive. The predictions about office space demand seem to have taken a complete U-turn, and now we're on the back-foot. Not that I'm complaining. This will also hopefully all push the DRL even higher up the agenda.

Not just the DRL but all forms of transportation to move people downtown. I have to say that as much as I like more tall development downtown, every new office building announced makes me groan a little, considering we're pretty much out of space to get people downtown in a timely manner. Especially considering what happened at city council last night re. the transportation debate.

If a few recent proposals on Yonge have to fall on their swords to make this happen so be it, since there may not be enough demand for everything.
And if this was considered a Bremner project, arguably true, then Bremner should be some sort of Urban Planning case study for the world. The development along this street has been Asian in scale.

Can the City really absorb two 300m+ office buildings? I understand there's apparently a shortage, but this seems.... ambitious?

Obviously would be cool if it happens though. Would be nice getting some new additions to the skyline beyond blue/green glass point towers designed not to have much of a visual presence. The 'downtown' would get dragged westwards!

Two supertalls! Yes!!!

I wouldn't be getting so excited these are all just speculation and rumours still. How many times have we heard this before? At one point I believe there were more than 4 supertall rumours floating around. None have materialized.

As exciting as this is I don't see it happening. What major tenants can we name that could anchor even half of one of the two. Even taking into account that it has been mentioned previously that these will be mixed use and contain a significant amount of residence. If it is possible, I don't expect both this proposal and Mirvish + Gehry project to come to fruition.

As exciting as this is I don't see it happening. What major tenants can we name that could anchor even half of one of the two. Even taking into account that it has been mentioned previously that these will be mixed use and contain a significant amount of residence. If it is possible, I don't expect both this proposal and Mirvish + Gehry project to come to fruition.

I admit that I don't really know how these things work but why go so overboard in the announcement if there isn't some likelihood of it being a reality? Is it possible there are already some anchor tenants in mind that haven't been announced yet?

Back