Just bumping this general thread for University District. Does anyone know the status of the Gramercy? Has Gracorp Capital changed it to be now "block 15"? I don't see the Gramercy appear on their project website anymore, and instead there is this new Block 15 one. It is difficult to tell from the renderings where this is on the overall plan for UD.

Edit: Looking at it further, is this just to the north of the Gramercy? I think it is, so across the laneway from it, where @Surrealplaces has #15 on his map up above. Perhaps time for a new number?
1635017333830.png

1635017399035.png

1635017440429.png

1635017465667.png

1635017488842.png

1635017512465.png

Lots of disposal bins on site at the university’s family housing - does anyone know if they have given people a move out date for these residences? They don’t seem very occupied this year, I imagine demolition will be within the next year or two
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. The Ivy, which is a townhouse project is almost complete. I think they just started the last building. So given townhouses are probably a strong market for U/D I wouldn't be surprised if they moved ahead on this phase of the development. Plus I imagine it would be good timing to prep the lots behind the Argyle. There's quite a grade between that site and the family housing so I would expect them to level it all before starting anything.

The upper right corner of the development map on the 1st page seems to show redevelopment of U of C's family student housing. I seem to remember some awkward grade interfaces between that parcel and the remaineder of the University District. Anybody know what is planned?

I don't think there is any detailed plans yet for the redevelopment of that parcel. I think I recall once seeing that that phase will be one of the last for the entire University District, so will probably several years (over a decade probably) before we see any action. I feel like we will start to see more of a focus on the southern lands, south of the Children's Hospital soon, based on how quickly these other parcels have built out.

Back