29K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 2.8K     0 

BKha

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Calgary
And now for the opposite of suburban sprawl....... Calgary River Wave Surfpark.

Renewed optimism for river wave park amid Calgary downtown revitalization​

View attachment 310346View attachment 310347View attachment 310348
I missed this when it first came out. Has there been any update recently?

Kōsō

Member Bio
Reaction score
Website says affordable housing, not seniors. Looks great, curious how much the VE process will water that down...
Sorry. I stand corrected. If I read it more carefully it says...
Through composition that includes 1, 2 + 3 bedroom units types the project responds the to socio-demographics of the surrounding areas which are increasingly family (single and dual parent) and seniors orientated.
Southview will be an Aging in Place environment by accounting for a fully inclusive site including circulation, barrier-free units in excess of 21% of the total, and overall unit composition and design that fosters internal flexibility potential for live / work situations.

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Calgary
Rendering out for a 113 unit proposal on Mission Road. I think this is the one mentioned by @MichaelS earlier

FHErWKtXsAQzc3H.jpg

Last edited:

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A rezoning application to MH-2 for some parcels around Chinook station. Just land use, no DP, but maybe the first sign that some redevelopment might FINALLY happen 14 years after the ARP was passed, and about 5 years after the investment into 61st Ave:

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Calgary
Ooops, forgot to mention the architect is Gravity, not sure who the developer is.
It's on their website now. According to the text, Carlisle Group is involved. This would be a departure from their usual product.