News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Shops at Avenue Thirty Four were were developed by Leonard Development Group, so I'm hoping that they will find a way to replicate that success here. I agree that architecture isn't great (looks like an old west saloon), but I'm cautiously optimistic given how great the Shops at Avenue Thirty Four turned out! They used quality materials and the design was thoughtful! Le Comptoir has quickly become a neighbourhood favourite!
Photo of progress from today.
5787EE2C-836E-471F-B8EF-3277C5B5353F.jpeg

Photo of progress from today.
View attachment 399793

I walked by this development today as well. The Shops on Avenue 34, next door, looks like they're setting up another patio (in between it and this development). There was also a liquor license application sign on the property, so I guess there will be a new bar or restaurant going in behind the flower shop. There's going to be over a dozen retail and food establishments in the span of just three houses. Crazy.

I walked by this development today as well. The Shops on Avenue 34, next door, looks like they're setting up another patio (in between it and this development). There was also a liquor license application sign on the property, so I guess there will be a new bar or restaurant going in behind the flower shop. There's going to be over a dozen retail and food establishments in the span of just three houses. Crazy.
I think I saw a DP application for “La Hacienda” so I guess maybe a small Mexican restaurant?

Marda Loop is getting weird about stuff - I like it.

If the main street work is successful on the public space upgrades and tames the ridiculous speeding SUV culture of the area, all these weird little developments will start to mature into something really interesting, walkable and urban.

They forgot to add 'within spitting distance' of Alpha House
Where would you put the 'front door' for this property? Macloed? Don't think that's a very friendly entrance. 15 Ave? No, sadly to avoid Alpha House being on your door step. Plus its a dead end service road. 14 Ave? This is really the only place you would put a 'front door' or entrance. My point being, I wouldn't worry about it being near Alpha House. 15 Ave is a glorified alley that will likely just be used to service the property. In saying all this its sad we want to put things like Alpha House in an alley.

Where would you put the 'front door' for this property? Macloed? Don't think that's a very friendly entrance. 15 Ave? No, sadly to avoid Alpha House being on your door step. Plus its a dead end service road. 14 Ave? This is really the only place you would put a 'front door' or entrance. My point being, I wouldn't worry about it being near Alpha House. 15 Ave is a glorified alley that will likely just be used to service the property. In saying all this its sad we want to put things like Alpha House in an alley.
It won’t be an alley for much longer as the removal of the pedestrian bridge will also open to an intersection at MacLeod.

15th isn't an alley, and the entry could go on 14st if it were a big enough development. Vetro has it's front door facing Alpha House, I'm sure people would survive here if this one did too.

15th isn't an alley, and the entry could go on 14st if it were a big enough development. Vetro has it's front door facing Alpha House, I'm sure people would survive here if this one did too.
I am sure if they had a 'do over', the builder would not have positioned the entrance to Vetro or the Shoppers Drug Mart directly across from Alpha House. It was right around the time these towers were being built that Alpha House expanded including the detox facility. It is a rough block, particularly in the evening and there is constant police/EMS intervention. Shoppers Drug Mart has a full time security guard. I don't how enlightened buyers in Sasso and Vetro were about their 'neighbour', but I am thinking there is a lot of buyers' remorse now. Resale in those buildings must be a real challenge.
As for the development site up for sale, next to Vetro, I doubt whether another residential building will go there as long as Alpha House is in it's current location.

Back