News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Young Yannick was mentioned in other print speculation the same day, along with Fabio Mastrangelo ( he's 42 ) and a tandem of locals Tom Diamond and Yves Abel. Foreigners Robin Ticciati ( he's 25 ), Tugan Sokhiev ( he's 29 ), Paolo Olmi, Alexander Briger, and Giovanni Reggiolo - several of whom are quite hunky - may also be possibles ...

I wonder if Bayrakdarian will pull out of Figaro now that she's pregnant - as she's just done with the Met's production?

D'oh! How did that happen?

Young Yannick was mentioned in other print speculation the same day, along with Fabio Mastrangelo ( he's 42 ) and a tandem of locals Tom Diamond and Yves Abel. Foreigners Robin Ticciati ( he's 25 ), Tugan Sokhiev ( he's 29 ), Paolo Olmi, Alexander Briger, and Giovanni Reggiolo - several of whom are quite hunky - may also be possibles ...

shallow shallow!

It's too bad the COC website doesn't have a chatter section. The TSO's Yak with Yara was okay for a while, and even had an opera thread or two, but it basically went dead several months ago when the more interesting chatterers didn't re-register.

I agreed wholeheartedly with your comments about what an opera presentation should be (as we were told to take it elsewhere). This opera house is an acoustic marvel and some may think that is a chance to work less hard. There we will separate the wheat from the chaff; I want singers who will sing their hearts out. And act their hearts out.

Yannick Nezet-Seguin will conduct the Bach Consort in St.Matthew Passion on February 15th 2008 at 7:30 pm, at Eglinton St.George's United Church, 35 Lytton Blvd. Tickets are $60 per person, which includes beverage.

Monica Whicher, Elizabeth Turnbull, Russell Braun, Alex Dobson, Colin Ainsworth and Lawrence Wiliford are soloists.

Proceeds go to the youth programmes of Eva's Phoenix and TSO Adopt-a-Player.

To reserve tickets call ( 416 ) 481-1141 ext. 250.

This year, due to scheduling reasons, the Bach Consort will unfortunately be unable to present their Christmas Oratorio. I've seen it several times ( Yannick conducted in 2005, and Jane Glover last year ), and highly recommend - I assume it'll return in December 2008.

Pray tell, you must have seen The Marriage of Figaro by now. What did you think of it?

US is in the UK right now, so the answer to your question may take a little longer Tony.

I had that horrible cold, so I was dosed up on prescription cough syrup and a bit woozy. I enjoyed it, though wasn't totally carried away. I didn't feel we were being rushed through it by the conductor as one reviewer said, but it wasn't a "big wow" either. But with those great acoustics, and that orchestra, and those fine singers, can they go too far wrong with that particular opera?

I'm at Orchestra level this year. I'll have to decapitate the guy in front of me if he's there next time - there's something to be said for a balcony where the seats are more raked.

I'm at Orchestra level this year. I'll have to decapitate the guy in front of me if he's there next time - there's something to be said for a balcony where the seats are more raked.

I always go balcony, no matter where/what, partly because a skyscraping person in front of me can wreck things. Having said that, there is something appealingly camp about being in a good balcony seat; haven't figured out why just yet.

So sorry you had that cold, though. I managed to evade it (so far).

Also thanks AP.

The balcony always makes me want to spy on the other audience members, all Marquise de Merteiul like.

Karen Kain has upgraded seat for the Merry Widow to thank me for being a loyal ballet subscriber. Thanks Karen.

Back