8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

EnviroTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is it possible to change the vBulletin logo to the Urban Toronto logo? I miss the days of picture of the day and a branded Urban Toronto forum.

I think we're still looking for a new logo aren't we?

When I get some time I'll try to put one together, along with a complete visual theme for the website.

A whole redesign of the site sounds like effort. I'm just talking about replacing /images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif with a the old UT logo... perhaps just the words "Urban Toronto" cropped out of that old logo since the area on the current template is more horizontal than the old logo. Wouldn't a design competition be limited by the templates provided by vBulletin?

It would be. It will be. There are enough options though that the whole look could change. Patience Enviro. We'll make some noise about this soon.

I've taken a quick shot at a new urban toronto logo.

urbantoronto.jpg

The design is meant to evoke many of Toronto's special street patterns such as queen's park or up on Avenue Rd north of St Clair, and Spadina circle. These special street patterns signify areas of interest in this city. Using this shape I have also included the letters U & T which stand for urban toronto.

Urban Toronto is also a typeface called Neutraface which closely resembles the font of the TTC. Neutraface is a font based upon design of Richard Neutra , an architect famous for his art deco elements. It is these elements which were borrowed in the creation of the ttc font.

Not bad! The text can go below or to the right of the logo and it will work.

I'm just a little afraid that it could be used in the same way as the "Toronto Unlimited" logo, just make sure it doesn't happen!

I also see the YUS loop in there.

i like it.

there's also something sexual about it. :D

I've taken a quick shot at a new urban toronto logo.

urbantoronto.jpg

The design is meant to evoke many of Toronto's special street patterns such as queen's park or up on Avenue Rd north of St Clair, and Spadina circle. These special street patterns signify areas of interest in this city. Using this shape I have also included the letters U & T which stand for urban toronto.

Urban Toronto is also a typeface called Neutraface which closely resembles the font of the TTC. Neutraface is a font based upon design of Richard Neutra , an architect famous for his art deco elements. It is these elements which were borrowed in the creation of the ttc font.

Nice work Jayomatic! I like it.

I'll take a stab at it when I get some time after my site launch.

Upon further reflection, my only complaint is maybe that it looks slightly too corporate and doesn't shout "Toronto" or "architecture" enough. I think it's heading in the right path though.

i hacked the design a bit, very quickly.

one subway line with stops

two buildings with windows

three roads meeting

Attachments

• urbantoronto.jpg
    urbantoronto.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 345

Back