News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Terrible loss, condolences to his family and friends.

To second what was said above, I'm hoping his photos will be archived in some fashion. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that Toronto Archives and Mississauga Archives might be interested in adding his photos to their digital collections, assuming all copyrights can be agreed to etc. I look at his photos and I'm immediately reminded of James Victor Salmon's collections of transit photos as superb moments captured for posterity documenting a city's growth.

Luckily we do have thousands of Jason's photos spread across threads since 2014, although there are also a bunch that he hosted on Photobucket before linking here, (and those as many of you know disappear as soon as a threshold of views is reached). Whether or not his family will be granted access to those, or whether they have access via a computer of his, we do not know yet. We will look into that, while at the same time we are considering what we can do to make a photo archive of his work posted to UrbanToronto more easily accessible. We probably won't have an answer on how that could work for a bit. In the meantime we are planning other ways to honour Jason's legacy and will report on that next week.

I'm at a loss for words reading this sad news. Jason was such a talented aerial artist who gifted us with an amazing body of work documenting our fair city and region. Wonderful that UT is creating a tribute. Rest in peace Jason, and may your family find solace in the wonderful memories you've left us.

Last edited:
This is absolutely horrible news. Rest in peace, Jason. We will miss you. Mississauga won't be the same without you and your photos.

I'm realizing now that many of my desktop background photos have been captured by Jason over the years. They are definitely worthy of being organized into a collection or photo archive.

RIP Jasonzed. I enjoyed all of the Mississauga photos he posted on SSC, and he even introduced me to a building in Mississauga called "Chicago"! 🥲

As a long time lurker from the migration of the Mississauga thread on SSC to UT, I never got to thank Jason for his quality contributions to Mississauga related projects. His updates made me feel at home when I left Mississauga. I always hoped to run into him at some obscure redevelopment in Streetsville, the new buildings at Erin Mills or looking through the fence at the M1 building. As someone who lost someone in the third wave, know that you're not alone. I will truly miss Jason, rest in peace.

Very sad news indeed. He will be missed. Rest peacefully, Jason.

Back