News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Wow - tough loss for everyone. Going to miss his great updates on many 905 projects that we otherwise don’t get a lot of. RIP indeed. The outpouring of messages here I think really speaks to how he was valued here.

Seeing his drone shots was one of my favourite parts about browsing UT. He will be dearly missed. My condolences to his family.

I was greatly saddened when I first saw this thread. It’s amazing to think of how many lives Jason touched without ever meeting them. I don’t post often as I don’t live in Toronto yet, but as I’ve been checking UT forums every day for years and I’ve come to know that when I see a notification for a watched thread from Jasonzed that he’d be out with more amazing drone footage.

My condolences to his family, it is an incredibly difficult time to lose someone. It’s encouraging to see the outpouring of support from the UT community. It shows that there really is something special about this forum and that there has been a gap left by the departure of a respected member.

My heart dropped when I saw this thread at the top of the forum when I logged in today. My condolences to those who knew him better than I had a chance to, to his friends and his family, and may he rest in peace. His photography is an incredible record of development and architecture in the GTA.

He showed us so many unique perspectives of the region with his drone photography. It helped us to appreciate how transformative the building boom has been to the face of the city. May he rest in peace.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Zytynsky street .. blvd. .. ave. .. etc .. somewhere in the GTA..
In my books, he deserves such tribute way more than others ..

A ceremonial street name might be doable as unnamed city maintained laneways are quite rare. Renaming existing streets requires significant support from the property owners abutting it.

Last edited:
So sad. His amazing photos were such a joy to go through.

So sad to hear this.

His wonderful gifts, love of his city, and desire to share both with all of us truly made him a fond member of our community.

He will be greatly missed. RIP.

Just saw this today and this makes me so sad. I would always go to mississauga related threads highly anticipating his drone photos, knowing almost certainly that any updates in those threads would be his.

This hits me particularly hard because this is the second person today who I saw presumably pass before their time. I'll abstain from speculation but the amount of people I've seen pass away since the beginning of this pandemic breaks my heart.

My 15 year old brother passed away in the fall and I inherited his drone and was meaning to reach out to Jason and ask for tips and info about flying over populated areas, very sad I didn't and will never have the chance to.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends, having gone through something like this, my heart aches for all the people he knew and touched in his life and I know words can never really describe things like this, but nevertheless may he rest in peace.

That is just terrible news to hear. I always enjoyed his contributions here. This is a great loss to his family, friends and colleagues as well as the UrbanToronto community. My condolences...

So terribly sorry to hear of this.
An extremely valuable member of the community here.
Condolences to his friends and family.

Back