News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I was greatly saddened when I first saw this thread. It’s amazing to think of how many lives Jason touched without ever meeting them. I don’t post often as I don’t live in Toronto yet, but as I’ve been checking UT forums every day for years and I’ve come to know that when I see a notification for a watched thread from Jasonzed that he’d be out with more amazing drone footage.

My condolences to his family, it is an incredibly difficult time to lose someone. It’s encouraging to see the outpouring of support from the UT community. It shows that there really is something special about this forum and that there has been a gap left by the departure of a respected member.
yes reading these posts and being exposed to this site is helping me and my kids heal. It was such a shock and we are guilt ridden. He didn't always feel the way he did these last six months. It's all so surreal. Thank you

Just saw this today and this makes me so sad. I would always go to mississauga related threads highly anticipating his drone photos, knowing almost certainly that any updates in those threads would be his.

This hits me particularly hard because this is the second person today who I saw presumably pass before their time. I'll abstain from speculation but the amount of people I've seen pass away since the beginning of this pandemic breaks my heart.

My 15 year old brother passed away in the fall and I inherited his drone and was meaning to reach out to Jason and ask for tips and info about flying over populated areas, very sad I didn't and will never have the chance to.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends, having gone through something like this, my heart aches for all the people he knew and touched in his life and I know words can never really describe things like this, but nevertheless may he rest in peace.
Thank you for your heart felt message.And I am very sorry to hear your brother passed away. That is sad news as well. I forgive Jason as the darkness over shadowed him for the last few months and he could not pull out. But he was on this site the day before he passed so confusion remains intense along with the guilt. Take care of yourself.

This was just posted. But some may not notice so I hope the link is helpful to those who have been tracking here.

This was just posted. But some may not notice so I hope the link is helpful to those who have been tracking here.

Jason had always struggled intermittently with anxiety (as did I) and panic disorders. But he lived a full happy engaged life! About five years ago, he suffered a sudden onset of severe anxiety and he got through it over a year!! Five months ago, this illness reared its ugly head, and he spiraled.... but THIS SITE kept him committed and alive for as long as it did! Thank you for that!

Hello and thank you for sharing your own pain. I am guilt ridden that I could not save Jason but I am certain these posts and article are helping others now. I will be in touch with you soon about Jason.
Please do not feel guilt ridden as you and others did your best to help him, but in the end it was his chose to do it. This also applies to other reading this. This will help you and others. <https://suicidology.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/SOS_handbook.pdf>

I am shocked and saddened. I never met Jason but truly enjoyed his photography, esp. drone shots. Such enormous talent ! My sincere condolences to his family, friends and the UT members who knew him.

Last edited:
As someone who has experienced struggles with mental health, I know news like this can be an emotional trigger for some. I just want to reiterate to everyone in this thread that our tribute article includes resources for anyone who is experiencing difficulties or knows someone in crisis. I'll post those here as well:

Distress Centres of Toronto is available 24/7 at 416-408-HELP (4357) or the Canada Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-833-456-4566. If you see someone in crisis, call 9-1-1.

I know this is not related to this situation... but I just wanted to say to anyone who's having difficulties during these times that life is beautiful. No matter what experiences you have, positive or negative, life is worth living and the collage of these experiences is what makes life beautiful. The people you know, the lessons you learn, the things the world has to offer, the abundance of people that will love and care for you, and the potential that everyone's life has... makes it so much more worth it than nothing. When in doubt, think of all the things that life has to offer. If you're going through tough times, think of what a great gift it is to have this fundamental infrastructure that is life... that allows us to learn, to speak, to pursue, to socialize, to discover, to love, and to grow as people. Everything that happens has a purpose. Learn from life's faults, and relish its perks. Your time here is valuable.

I hope people can realize how special they are, how amazing and meaningful every emotion is, and how much they matter here. I don't want anyone to turn to hurting themselves, there are so many ways to solve your problems. Don't be afraid to get help, to express your emotions, to reflect upon yourself, and to learn and grow from your tough times. Your life is worth living, and I ask you to please stay and share this life with great people just like yourself! My heart goes out to you, and even if I don't know you... I love you.

My sincere condolences to you, Karen, I am so sorry for what happened. I hope you and your family can move forward together, and I wish you calm & happiness.

It was a shock! Jason was not always struggling but did have a severe episode a few years ago of panic anxiety etc. This disease reared its ugly head 6 months ago and he could not pull out f it. I am guilt ridden I could not save him. He was a light in my life. Reading these posts surely help. Thanks.
I hope you know that he wouldn't want you to feel guilty. My brother died in Dec and I did everything I could for him but couldn't save him (myeloma, St Joe's and covid in that order). You have to respect him in his life and the decisions he made but it's not easy. I know the embarrassment (yes embarrassment!) of mental illness - I come from good sturdy stock and am so ashamed of being so fragile but I do talk to my doctor who is very understanding and supportive. We all have to live the best way we know how and hopefully support those facing challenges. Keep sharing Jodie you are not alone.

I've typed and deleted about a dozen things in this thread without posting, because I just don't even know how to convey what I'm feeling. He was such a valued member of this community and was always enthusiastic about contributing, even going so far as to take requests from UT staff as to what we needed photo coverage of in Mississauga.
This is very awful news, but it's encouraging to see so many members coming together to share condolences.
Hello and thank you for sharing your grief. Yes it was a shock. He was gregarious and kind and so enjoyed contributing to this site and others and having such a strong tie with the city. Things deteriorated so quickly it is difficult to comprehend. Prior to January all appeared fine. No one would have ever thought this would be his choice but we are learning to forgive and soon we will carry on remembering Jason and all that he has given us. This will guide my path and he will be remembered.

I hope you know that he wouldn't want you to feel guilty. My brother died in Dec and I did everything I could for him but couldn't save him (myeloma, St Joe's and covid in that order). You have to respect him in his life and the decisions he made but it's not easy. I know the embarrassment (yes embarrassment!) of mental illness - I come from good sturdy stock and am so ashamed of being so fragile but I do talk to my doctor who is very understanding and supportive. We all have to live the best way we know how and hopefully support those facing challenges. Keep sharing Jodie you are not alone.
Thank you for sharing and I am sorry for your loss as well. Certainly isolation compounded this as well. I tried to share with Jason all that I had struggled with and had overcome as a retired police officer of 31 years. If I could survive so could he!!!! I thought he would collapse of sleep deprivation before anything else. I will respect and forgive him as I do and will carry on remembering his legacy as a contributor and my twin. We had wonderful adventures together! Stay strong and thank you again.

I know this is not related to this situation... but I just wanted to say to anyone who's having difficulties during these times that life is beautiful. No matter what experiences you have, positive or negative, life is worth living and the collage of these experiences is what makes life beautiful. The people you know, the lessons you learn, the things the world has to offer, the abundance of people that will love and care for you, and the potential that everyone's life has... makes it so much more worth it than nothing. When in doubt, think of all the things that life has to offer. If you're going through tough times, think of what a great gift it is to have this fundamental infrastructure that is life... that allows us to learn, to speak, to pursue, to socialize, to discover, to love, and to grow as people. Everything that happens has a purpose. Learn from life's faults, and relish its perks. Your time here is valuable.

I hope people can realize how special they are, how amazing and meaningful every emotion is, and how much they matter here. I don't want anyone to turn to hurting themselves, there are so many ways to solve your problems. Don't be afraid to get help, to express your emotions, to reflect upon yourself, and to learn and grow from your tough times. Your life is worth living, and I ask you to please stay and share this life with great people just like yourself! My heart goes out to you, and even if I don't know you... I love you.

My sincere condolences to you, Karen, I am so sorry for what happened. I hope you and your family can move forward together, and I wish you calm & happiness.
Well said. From the heart. It is so important to recognize in oneself and others, yes, the signs and symptoms that can alter one's life. Early!! Thank you for replying to me and your kind wishes.

How this could happen? I depend on your photos to watch Mississauga growing. Unforgettable your eyes in the sky. My sincerest condolences to his family.RIP
It's all so confusing and shocking, indeed. He posted on Sat. But we will forgive and move forward respecting him, missing him and loving him. Thank you for sharing.

RIP. such a sad news and great loss. always enjoyed his aerial Photos. now who is going to update Mississauga threads. 😪
I know.. he had such an effervescence for life! He was JASON!! It is hard to understand how this all happened so fast. But this site is helping me. I have lost my other half so reading all that he meant to so many does help.

I'm very sad to learn this news, Jason was an incredible member to this community and I have spent countless time admiring all the amazing photography and drone footage he contributed over the years. Gone but he won't be forgotten, that is for certain.
Thank you for your kind words.

Back