Member Bio
Reaction score
THEY ARE SO CUTE.

desk_flags_1024x768.jpg

My favourite is Quatchi...

http://mash.zincroe.com/mascot/en/index.php

--

And of course, the Globe and Mail readers hate it:
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/...tmascots27/CommentStory/GlobeSportsOther/home

the lil beaver with the orange hat should be an official mascot too.. they sadly left him behind... OH WAIT.. is that Bell's sponsorship of the Olympics moving in? uh oh.

I'm not sure about Mr. Big Foot carrying a purse...too Tinkie-Winkie to me...

So why the helper instead of mascot status? I like that little helper, better than those 3 mascots.

the lil beaver with the orange hat should be an official mascot too.. they sadly left him behind... OH WAIT.. is that Bell's sponsorship of the Olympics moving in? uh oh.

It's not a beaver, it's a marmot called MukMuk - which has the the dubious distinction of sharing its name with one of several local nicknames for BC Bud.

I was hoping that whatever mascots they chose, that they would combine them in a totum pole. In a way, I guess they have. There is a book of the mascots, where on the cover they are stacked one on top of the other in a sort of totum pole configuration.

I do like them, they are indeed cute and as mascots should sell merchandise quite nicely.

When I first saw them on the Globe's website, I wasn't really sure what to think. Then I opened the comments section and right at the top was a declaration of "I hate them! They're not Canadian at all! Where's the beaver, the loon, or the maple leaf?!?!?!?". Now I know why I like them... because they're NOT beavers, loons, or anthropomorphized maple leaves. Or bears.

amen to that CDL... It astonishes me how hick the commenters on the Globe and Mail comments are, considering it's considered the more "intelligent" and "liberal" of the newspapers in the country

amen to that CDL... It astonishes me how hick the commenters on the Globe and Mail comments are, considering it's considered the more "intelligent" and "liberal" of the newspapers in the country

The Globe and Mail comments seem to bring out the worst in people, of those who have time to fight and argue online.

Though I think the marmot semi-official mascot is a bit funny with the name and all, these at least have a bit of imagination and fun.

I briefly saw these future stuffed animals on the news and assumed they were the Beijing 2008 mascots...the black & white thing looks like a panda.

Back