News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

woodpanel

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi there,

My husband and I are moving from Calgary to Toronto in a few weeks, and are trying to find a place before we get there (long story). I found some interesting-looking ones managed by Vertica and Realstar. We actually live in a Realstar building now and like it, but the reviews I've read about Vertica buildings - yikes.

Does anyone have any experience with these companies? Even better, does anyone know of any other property managers' websites where I can look at photos and floor plans?

Thanks!

I live in a Vertica building. What sort of complaints are you hearing? My main issues are: walls are paper thin, I can basically hear my neighbor fart and it doesn't help he loves electronica at maximum volume 2. the in house super/office is slow to complete repair requests etc. 3. the rental office smells like b.o. 4. before I signed the lease (I did everything remotely too, initially) I asked to see that the apt. was clean and painted (it was in horrible disrepair) and the rental agent responded with a "this is not how we do things here -i.e. Toronto" to which I responded "bullshit" -it made me think they weren't very honest. The building is fairly clean though. But the staff is just retarded.

Thanks OttoSchloss! The complaints I was hearing were pretty similar to yours - slow, sometimes rude management. I've also read that some of them smoke/drink on the job. I'm getting a bad vibe from them, even from all the way across the country!

I went to look at a Vertica building a while back. The woman showing us around barely spoke to us, you couldn't control the heat, and they were all ready to take a cheque before so much as a "How do you do?" No thanks.

I went to look at a Vertica building a while back. The woman showing us around barely spoke to us, you couldn't control the heat, and they were all ready to take a cheque before so much as a "How do you do?" No thanks.

Ugh, how awful!

We ended up going with a Realstar building, and my husband said the woman he spoke to was very pleasant so - fingers crossed!

Back