8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

lenaitch

Member Bio
Reaction score
Our daughter lives near North Bay and sent us a link to a fire that occurred yesterday at their Walmart.

It seems there is bit of a scattered trend:

Kitchener x3, October

Winnipeg x 3, August

Is there some kind of new juvenile 'Tik Tok challenge' going around? A bizarre coincidence? Something more sinister?

Beyond the loss of stock, employment, etc. just before Christmas, the one thing that really drives her batty in situations like this is people seem to have the time to take pictures but nobody acts. I surmised to her that it is likely a non-intervention company policy (like LCBO liquor thefts) made at the risk-adverse corporate level.

Our daughter lives near North Bay and sent us a link to a fire that occurred yesterday at their Walmart.

It seems there is bit of a scattered trend:

Kitchener x3, October

Winnipeg x 3, August

Is there some kind of new juvenile 'Tik Tok challenge' going around? A bizarre coincidence? Something more sinister?

Beyond the loss of stock, employment, etc. just before Christmas, the one thing that really drives her batty in situations like this is people seem to have the time to take pictures but nobody acts. I surmised to her that it is likely a non-intervention company policy (like LCBO liquor thefts) made at the risk-adverse corporate level.

Well who would she expect to "act"? Beyond someone calling the cops, there's nothing that a random person can or should do.

Well who would she expect to "act"? Beyond someone calling the cops, there's nothing that a random person can or should do.

A staff member or supervisory personnel if nothing else. I'm guessing there is at least one fire extinguisher somewhere in the store - perhaps for sale in the hardware department. It was fairly localized, not a huge conflagration. I'm reminded of the old adage: 'when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout' (modified for modern times with 'stand there and pull out your phone').

I get it - property is different than life. Perhaps I'm cut from different cloth.

A staff member or supervisory personnel if nothing else. I'm guessing there is at least one fire extinguisher somewhere in the store - perhaps for sale in the hardware department. It was fairly localized, not a huge conflagration. I'm reminded of the old adage: 'when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout' (modified for modern times with 'stand there and pull out your phone').

I get it - property is different than life. Perhaps I'm cut from different cloth.

I thought you meant confront the perpetrator.

Back