News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I like it. Not sure if it's just the lack of detail in the renderings, but: the stark geometric forms, the sober cladding, the cryptic featurelessness. It feels like a monument erected in memory of events no one understands.

^ Indeed.
I think it looks rather beautiful. It amazes me that we've got this to treat our sewage, but nothing at our first Parliament site.

^ Indeed.
I think it looks rather beautiful. It amazes me that we've got this to treat our sewage, but nothing at our first Parliament site.

I still can't believe we've got a public agency in this town willing to spend money on design, and smart enough to do it this well. You've got to love it.

I find this architecturally ambitious design for water infrastructure evocative of the City Beautiful movement, but in a contemporary style. Perhaps structures like this could be hidden somewhere, but instead they chose to celebrate water infrastructure with rich design, as in the early 20th century.

Toronto may not acknowledge Lake Ontario as much as it could, but between this project and R.C. Harris (as well as some of the bridges in the city), it does a nice job of recognizing what comes out and goes into in.

I like the idea that this could become WT's signature look for lakeside infrastructure.

Teeple_Sherbourne_Scott-Norsworthy-1.jpg

The underground portion of this project looks to be largely complete. Photo taken 27 July 2013.

9399359308_1232e76a07_b.jpg

This seems to be FINALLY starting!

Dear stakeholders,

Waterfront Toronto has begun construction on the Cherry Street Stormwater Management Facility located at the intersection of Cherry Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East. When complete, this system will serve East Bayfront, the West Don Lands and future communities north of the Keating Channel, by receiving and treating stormwater run-off created by rain and melting snow.

We have awarded the contract for the construction of the facility and the completion of the Cherry Street Sewage Pumping Station to Graham Construction. Crews have mobilized on site and site preparation work is now underway. Work is currently focused on the removal of significant garbage and debris from the site, and the erection of construction hoarding. Construction of the Stormwater Management Facility is expected to be completed by summer 2020.

Waterfront Toronto will issue construction notices for this project on an as needed basis. You have been included on this distribution list because of your proximity to the site or expressed interest in nearby projects. If you would like us to remove you from this list, please reply to this email at info@waterfrontoronto.ca.

storm.JPG

Attachments

• storm.JPG
    storm.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,160

Back