Thanks for that. I was hoping to hear MOD was doing their best to rectify but that doesn’t appear to be the case - I certainly will think twice about buying with them in the future. Things like this come up with new construction - I’ve seen a lot. B it the true mark of a solid builder is not only allowing this to happen, but how quickly they can amend such issues. I really feel for the owners here I hope this can be resolved for you all, such a gorgeous building otherwise

100%. Yea, issues are a pain, but expected. Where I get pissed off is how the builder addresses those issues. Looks like the builder half-assed it. Not surprised. Tarion allows builders to pull this crap...and the buyer HAS to pay for Tarion. Ultimate con. Tarion is worth it on very rare occasions and it should not work that way. When you're at the ales center it's "Oh the builder will do an amazing job and if anything needs to be fixed, you have tarion....sign here, here and here".

My floor was kinda lifting in a couple of spots... as in there was a big air bubble under a couple of areas. I do have pics but you can't really tell from the pics. I can show you a pic of the shitty "repair"?
Hi Ash, if you could share a photo of the repair that would be greatly appreciated. They are supposed to fix my buckling floors eventually and I want to see what to expect. Thanks!

Hi Ash, if you could share a photo of the repair that would be greatly appreciated. They are supposed to fix my buckling floors eventually and I want to see what to expect. Thanks!
I am in the same boat

My kitchen is missing drawers, cabinet doors, and is poorly finished with lots of scrapes and blemishes - anyone else having issues with their Paris Kitchens as well?

Did anyone else have the engineered hardwood flooring by Fuzion installed? I thought that is would be much easier to buy some additional flooring direct from them and get a professional in to fix my flooring problem. Unfortunalty the people at Fuzion are even harder to talk to then client care. Fuzion has no interest in helping me solve my flooring issues. They say it isn't their problem and I should just talk to MOD direct. Obviously they don't care.

Did anyone else have the engineered hardwood flooring by Fuzion installed? I thought that is would be much easier to buy some additional flooring direct from them and get a professional in to fix my flooring problem. Unfortunalty the people at Fuzion are even harder to talk to then client care. Fuzion has no interest in helping me solve my flooring issues. They say it isn't their problem and I should just talk to MOD direct. Obviously they don't care.
Hi. I upgraded to the engineered hardwood (the darkest one) and it was completely ruined as they never put down dropsheets when they were painting. The white primer is embedded in the grain of the wood everywhere. Their original fix was to rip out the flooring. That would have been great if they had done that before I moved in, but now I have furniture everywhere. What are they going to do? Put me and my two cats up in a hotel? Now they say that they can clean it. Still. They'd have to move my furniture around, which covers the majority of the floor. There is a good chance the furniture will get damaged. Most people that walk in think that it's supposed to look that way (distressed - like barnwood). So, instead of going through all the aggravation and upheaval (other than someone knocking on my door constantly for 5 MONTHS to just confirm that there is something wrong with the floor), I'd like to get my money back or get compensated some way. I was supposed to meet with the flooring people yesterday, but had a conference call between 1:30 and 2:45 and asked not to be disturbed during this time. I had no idea that they book the whole afternoon (from 1:00-4:00) as "Do not Disturb" so that I could have a little over an hour of no disturbance. Had I known this, I would have moved the call. So, I missed them and now have to wait until they're around again.

I believe most people had the engineered hardwood floors installed. I am still waiting on them to come and fix the issues I am having with my floors. In general, it seems as though the flooring was not installed properly. Bubbling in some places and soft spots in others. Have they attempted to fix your issues yet? I believe according to Tarion, they still have time to fix the deficiencies, but I am interested in talking with the other owners at the upcoming board meeting. If everyone is dissatisfied with the flooring and the resolutions, we should be discussing our options.

I believe most people had the engineered hardwood floors installed. I am still waiting on them to come and fix the issues I am having with my floors. In general, it seems as though the flooring was not installed properly. Bubbling in some places and soft spots in others. Have they attempted to fix your issues yet? I believe according to Tarion, they still have time to fix the deficiencies, but I am interested in talking with the other owners at the upcoming board meeting. If everyone is dissatisfied with the flooring and the resolutions, we should be discussing our options.
Mine are not bubbling or soft in spots. "Only" thing wrong is the paint embedded in the grain. Did you get the upgraded option to get them glued down? I paid extra for that and am now happy I did that.

Mine are not bubbling or soft in spots. "Only" thing wrong is the paint embedded in the grain. Did you get the upgraded option to get them glued down? I paid extra for that and am now happy I did that.
I was not given the option to have them glued down. Seems kind of weird that they would have the option to have floors installed properly.

I was not given the option to have them glued down. Seems kind of weird that they would have the option to have floors installed properly.
I recall Estaban, the guy doing the upgrades, asked whether I wanted to get the floors put down the standard way or pay and extra amount (per sq ft) to upgrade the installation (he mentioned something about gluing them down - apparently, a new way of installing that I had never heard of). I'm looking at my price sheet, and there is no mention of this on it. The price per square foot comes out to $11.28 (although I'm counting the square footage of my bathroom as well).

One thing I wasn't given the option to do was to upgrade the "island". Can't even call it that. It was a work table with shelves under it. They wouldn't budge on any changes to that (I have since hired a contractor and replaced it with a functioning island that has an overhang and drawers that costed me $$$). Now, I understand that people did have the option to change the configuration of their islands.

I recall Estaban, the guy doing the upgrades, asked whether I wanted to get the floors put down the standard way or pay and extra amount (per sq ft) to upgrade the installation (he mentioned something about gluing them down - apparently, a new way of installing that I had never heard of). I'm looking at my price sheet, and there is no mention of this on it. The price per square foot comes out to $11.28 (although I'm counting the square footage of my bathroom as well).

One thing I wasn't given the option to do was to upgrade the "island". Can't even call it that. It was a work table with shelves under it. They wouldn't budge on any changes to that (I have since hired a contractor and replaced it with a functioning island that has an overhang and drawers that costed me $$$). Now, I understand that people did have the option to change the configuration of their islands.
Seems like there are many issues going on. I am still hopeful the builder will get it together and start acting in good faith (perhaps they can start with replying to emails and calls). In any case all the owners should be discussing together the issues when we get together at the board meeting.

Thanks for that. I was hoping to hear MOD was doing their best to rectify but that doesn’t appear to be the case - I certainly will think twice about buying with them in the future. Things like this come up with new construction - I’ve seen a lot. B it the true mark of a solid builder is not only allowing this to happen, but how quickly they can amend such issues. I really feel for the owners here I hope this can be resolved for you all, such a gorgeous building otherwise
Ya honestly... I have bought many preconstruction condos before so know that stuff like this happens. Overall this builder has been pretty good though. This floor issue is pretty crappy though. I escalated the issue and apparently they are coming to fix it today. I am waiting for them and going to watch them like a hawk! lol.

IMG-4442.jpg
Hi all... so here are a couple of pics of my "fixed" buckling floor. They basically just came and put this ugly transition strip between the living room and bedroom. This just basically holds the boards down. NOT a solution obviously and it looks terrible. Apparently I am not the only one so now the issue has been "escalated". Apparently they are coming to fix mine today. When I first mentioned it to them that I am not happy with this, they said if they put it back to the way it was (ie: fix it properly) that would void my warranty! I told them I would just put it on my 1 year Tarion form. We will see what they say when they eventually decide to show up!
IMG-4440.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-4442.jpg
    IMG-4442.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 158
Ya honestly... I have bought many preconstruction condos before so know that stuff like this happens. Overall this builder has been pretty good though. This floor issue is pretty crappy though. I escalated the issue and apparently they are coming to fix it today. I am waiting for them and going to watch them like a hawk! lol.
Did anyone find a resolution to their flooring issue? the gaps between the tiles in our flooring are expanding exponentially. So is the gap between the wall kickboards and the floor

Did anyone find a resolution to their flooring issue? the gaps between the tiles in our flooring are expanding exponentially. So is the gap between the wall kickboards and the floor
My issue has not been resolved yet. Apparently they are still looking for a solution. I will be putting it on my 1 year Tarion form though. I suggest you take pics of everything and make sure it's properly documented, email client care and also put it on your 1 year form.

Back