News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Zucchini!
20210723_100132.jpg

A buddy of mine has 2 growing that are almost 5' tall, not sure what hes doing but they are thicc
That's right, they usually grow to about 5-6 feet here in Calgary. Depends on how big they are at the time they are planted outside as to how big they would be at this time of the year. This plant was grown in sunlight from scratch due to not enough room under the lights. The other ones that started under the lights are around 5-6 feet tall. My friend (who is the owner of the plants) is worried about them as they are starting to come up over the fence, and he's worried about people stealing them.

Yeah ... the smoke has ruined what should have been a sunny, hot but dry summer. We are probably in for a few more weeks of smoke unless B.C. gets a lot of rain, miraculously. By the end of August, tree, shrubs, plants etc are going to make it look like an early fall.

Can finally see the Rockies from downtown again…

6FE579F5-59AB-4F39-A07F-86D5D6475738.jpeg

Smoke is going out with a bang today! This is about the worst I've seen this year, couldn't even enjoy being outside yesterday, and my bikeride in this morning tasted like camp fire lol. Massive change later today though, higher elevations in the mountains should even get some snow!

It is was laughable this summer when the weather forecast for a particular day was 'mainly sunny'.... and you looked outside all you could see was smoke. The odd time the sun would cast a little bit of shadow on the ground and appear as a little red ball. The Weather Network finally started adding 'smoke' to their daily forecast. I wonder how many truly sunny days we lost this summer because of it.

First year gardening in Calgary.... I'm no gardener but I built some raised gardens in a sunny spot for my wife early this spring.
Didn't get them finished but she planted out the lower one with seeds & seedlings in May anyway.

Then the heat came! First had to pull the radishes as they began to smother out everything else, then take out most of the beans, then the carrots..
Won't need to buy carrots for the rest of the year! Now she has 3' high bunches of onions to thin..

Of her 3 little cannabis seedlings.. two are now over 7' high, the third one's trunk broke in late July under it's own weight, slumped over but is still alive so she's leaving it - blocking the path to the garage.
garden.jpg

Back