Chiggs@mac.com

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a large, south facing unit in the 1st Phase of West Harbour City. High floor a must - 20th level or higher. Ideally looking for a 2 bedroom + Den or Penthouse unit.

1200 square foot minimum - ideally looking for 1400-1600 square feet.

Please E-Mail for more details...

West Harbour City. Plazacorp.Views or Opinions?

I'm considering purchasing a unit at West Harbour City Phase 1. Plazacorp is the builder. I'm interested in opinions or experiences with Plazacorp as well as opinions about West Harbour City. Any comments are welcome and appreciated!

Happy to share my perspective...

Full disclosure - I purchased a unit in Phase II in February 2007 and am in the process of purchasing a unit in Phase I at this time. The reason I'm purchasing in Phase I is because I don't want to wait until 2011 which is when I expect the Phase II unit to be ready.

I have had no dealings with the builder with respect to other buildings.

At the end of the day, I assume you are interested in WHC because of the general location so I won't comment on the area. I love this area (previously lived in the SouthBeach Townhomes south of the TipTop building but moved out becasue I wanted more space and more natural light + had some concerns with how the property was being managed) as it's very close to the water yet much quieter than the Queen's Quay / Bay / York area in the summer in my opinion.

I believe that the development offers good value for the dollar vs. other buildings in the area based on the level of finishings that are standard in these suites vs. other buildings in the area as well as the fact that most suites are priced including a parking and a locker (worth a combined $28,500 based on the price they are currently charging if you want additional parking spaces or lockers or are buying a smaller unit without parking.

I like the fact the the builder has completed some other nice buildings around town. I also like the fact that the average unit seems to be a little larger in this development. By that I mean that there are fewer 450-500 square foot units and seem to be many more that are in the 700-1000 square foot range (with a decent number of 1400-1600 square foot units too.)

My dealings with the sales reps in the office have been average - similar to my dealings with some other sales offices. However, my dealings with their lawyer have been very good. I find him to be very responsive and happy to walk through any questions I have. He has been with them for quite some time and really appears to be happy to help clients. I view the developer as having a good balance between being big enough to have developed other projects successfully and small enough where you don't feel you are 1 client in 10,000.

Prior to purchasing my Phase II unit, I had my real estate agent take me into a few other buildings that they had recently finished and was impressed with the overall feel of the buildings as well as the quality in the suites.

When I purchased my unit in Phase II, the sales office extended my 10 day cooling off period for me twice. I'm not sure if this is standard practice but I certainly appreciated it.

Hope this helps - please feel free to PM me or respond to this if you have any other specific questions.

I purchased a unit in University Plaza in 2005 which was built by Plaza Corp.

The exterior is ugly.

The common area (lobby, hallway, etc) is average

But the unit-interior finishing is top-notch. I have to say when I took over my unit in 2005, the interior is almost flawless, almost no defect. The hardwood-floor is tight, the kitchen appliances are amazing, the bathroom upgrade is what I expected.

I sold it and bought a new unit from Minto Development. And the Minto unit-interior finishing is poor compare to Plaza Corp finishing

Plaza WHC

Plaza is a solid builder with conservative approach to architecture and very good level of finishes, similar to what the poster before me said.

Nonetheless, when you pick a unit, it's location and lifestyle first.

thx

West Harbour City Phase 1

Obviously just my speculation but it's possible that they will meet December 2010 for some of the lower floors. I'm basing that on Phase I. I believe that Phase I topped off in July/August of this year. I don't think anyone has moved in yet. There is a facebook group for this building and in that group, the earliest move in date mentioned is January 25th for th 7th floor. Let's assume the 1st Floor moves in the first week of January. That's about 6 months after it tops off. If constructions slows over the winter months and Phase II doesn't top off until May, that means the first people will move into their units in November or December with most of the higher floors moving in around January - March 2011.

Some of the suite itself

Great finishes. PDI was smooth and everything was finshed very nicely.
Fridge and stove due in.
Stoves were being unloaded off a truck as I was leaving while fridge is likely last thing in as they are fully electronic and they don't want them laying around a lot to potentially get ruined.
I am really impressed with Plazacorp and their customer service.

SOME PICS...

Attachments

• 2ndbathroom2.JPG
    2ndbathroom2.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 570
  • 2ndbathroom3.JPG
    2ndbathroom3.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 531
  • 2ndbathroom4.JPG
    2ndbathroom4.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 510
  • 2ndbathroom.JPG
    2ndbathroom.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 523
  • kitchen1.JPG
    kitchen1.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 606
  • kitchen3.jpg
    kitchen3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 476
  • kitchen11.JPG
    kitchen11.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 499
  • kitchen15.JPG
    kitchen15.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 535
  • kitchen19.jpg
    kitchen19.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 515
  • kitchen23.JPG
    kitchen23.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 524
  • livingdiningroom2.JPG
    livingdiningroom2.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 554
  • livingdiningroom3.JPG
    livingdiningroom3.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 547
  • livingdiningroom7.JPG
    livingdiningroom7.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 512
  • livingroom.JPG
    livingroom.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 553
  • bedroom.JPG
    bedroom.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 483
  • masterbedroom2.JPG
    masterbedroom2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 519
  • masterensuite2.JPG
    masterensuite2.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 549
  • masterensuite.JPG
    masterensuite.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 553
  • masterensuiteshower3.JPG
    masterensuiteshower3.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 498
  • masterensuiteshower.JPG
    masterensuiteshower.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 487
  • walkincloset2.JPG
    walkincloset2.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 504
  • den.JPG
    den.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 521
  • livingroomview1.jpg
    livingroomview1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 519
  • livingroomview2.jpg
    livingroomview2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 498
  • livingroomview3.jpg
    livingroomview3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 499
  • livingroomview.jpg
    livingroomview.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 508
  • viewfrombalcony.jpg
    viewfrombalcony.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 534
  • washerdryer.JPG
    washerdryer.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 586
Great finishes. PDI was smooth and everything was finshed very nicely.
Fridge and stove due in.
Stoves were being unloaded off a truck as I was leaving while fridge is likely last thing in as they are fully electronic and they don't want them laying around a lot to potentially get ruined.
I am really impressed with Plazacorp and their customer service.

SOME PICS...

If you don't mind me asking...which finish colour set is that in your unit?

You've got the nak...

Wow.... the finishes are very nice....and I've seen quite a few of course keeping in mind price point and outside the "norm".....glass I mean...:D

congrats jacek. i'm impressed with the quality and workmanship of your suite. if cityplace had the same quality of this suite, people wouldn't call it $hittyplace

Last edited:
congrats jacek. i'm impressed with the quality and workmanship of your suite. if cityplace had the same quality of this suite, people wouldn't call it $hittyplace

Yes, great finish and quality of material and work. I was impressed, however, my inspector was very surprised to see it this far along for a PDI. He thought the finish was great as well. Very re-assuring for a first time buyer.
Got a letter from Plazacorp today confirm January 25 occupancy date, hoping to have the building registered by the end of March and poccession for all within 4 weeks of that. We'll see what happens come spring.

Jack

Back