News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Even though it is actually in Brampton. With hits of warm weather to come, time to plan for your summer fun.

After an absence of a couple of years, the old Wild Water Kingdom is now under new management, renamed, and "upgraded". The bad part is that it would cost more (inflation mostly).

See link. Wet 'N' Wild is located at:

7855 Finch Ave. W.
Brampton, ON L6T 0B2

Entrance: Finch Avenue West off Hwy. 427
Used to go to Wild Water Kingdom with my kids, but they're adults now and on their own. May want to see the place again, for nostalgia. The bad news is the lack of public transit access to the park. May have to transfer at Humber College to Brampton Transit's 11 or 511 bus (if they stop at Wet 'N' Wild).

And now the bad news:

Daily Tickets - Online
General Admission $37.95 + HST
Junior Admission Under 48" $29.95 + HST
Military/Senior $29.95 + HST
Children 2 & Younger FREE
Daily Parking $15.00
*$3.95 service fee per online order.

Daily Tickets - At the Park
General Admission $39.95 + HST
Junior Admission Under 48" $29.95 + HST
Military/Senior $29.95 + HST
Children 2 & Younger FREE
Daily Parking $15.00

The *$3.95 service fee per online order is just plain wrong. Hope that means the total order and not per ticket.

See link. Wet 'N' Wild is located at:

7855 Finch Ave. W.
Brampton, ON L6T 0B2

Entrance: Finch Avenue West off Hwy. 427
Used to go to Wild Water Kingdom with my kids, but they're adults now and on their own. May want to see the place again, for nostalgia. The bad news is the lack of public transit access to the park. May have to transfer at Humber College to Brampton Transit's 11 or 511 bus (if they stop at Wet 'N' Wild).

Triplinx says that both the 11/11A and the 511/511A do stop at Wet 'n' Wild (well they are still calling the stop Wild Water Kingdom)....that said, I would be carefull with the 511/511A as they usually only stop at stops with full Zum infrastructure (I know of know exceptions to that) and I don't recall there being a Zum shelter there (and a quick look on google maps does not show one there either).

Wasn't there a plan for a new Toronto-based water park a few years ago? Whatever happened to that?

I don't recall the proposal you refer to but, in general, these things are hard to build in large cities because they are land intensive and, in these parts anyway, only get a few months a year of use (cashflow) out of them.....you also have to compete with Wonderland which has a very nice waterpark and admission is included with admission to the theme park (so parents using season passes as defacto summer baby sitters for their teenage kids prefer the park with more variety).

Guess better to use the bicycle to get to Wet 'N' Wild. Save the money on double fares crossing the frontier between the two cities, and the whopping $15 parking fee. Unless they decide to charge for bicycle parking as well.

Any bicycle paths/lanes to the park?

Having such a water park in the Port Lands (under development) would be beneficial. TTC access (free for children under 12), close to the new Relief Line or (Broadview or Queens Quay East) streetcar, parking (small one), and a draw for the area.

transitnetwork.jpg

I am sure it would be nice in a lot of places....but if someone was seriously going to build a 140k s.f. waterpark with a retractable roof....and their budget was $60MM.......not sure how they could do it without getting, at least, a gift of free land.....so when we are discussing potential locations for something like this we need to be cognizant of what we are discussing.....the gifting of a few acres of land to a for profit company.

I think there is a very good reason that this idea has not moved passed the web page phase in the 3 or so years since it surfaced.

http://www.marblelive.com/

Guess better to use the bicycle to get to Wet 'N' Wild. Save the money on double fares crossing the frontier between the two cities, and the whopping $15 parking fee. Unless they decide to charge for bicycle parking as well.

Any bicycle paths/lanes to the park?

Sort of.

You can bike up the Humber River Trail all the way to Claireville Dam, and now over to Finch and Highway 427. The TRCA was supposed to be working on a path connection between the dam and Claireville Conservation Area in Brampton once work on a nearby pipeline was completed. I biked this route in the fall of 2015.

It would mean about one kilometre of riding on busy Finch Avenue in Mississauga/Brampton. Or possibly (I'm not sure if this is permitted) riding through the Indian Line Campground, which would get you very close to the waterpark entrance.

Having such a water park in the Port Lands (under development) would be beneficial. TTC access (free for children under 12), close to the new Relief Line or (Broadview or Queens Quay East) streetcar, parking (small one), and a draw for the area.

transitnetwork.jpg
There's even plans to create a "canal district" in the Port Lands.

It would be an excellent place to have a water park there.

Putting it on the possible floodplains at the mouth of the Don River might be a good location. Should the mouth of the Don flood, they'll quickly wash and clean it up.

Back