Votes: 2 6.3%
  • From Facebook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From Google

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
I agree. Calgary's peak development was around 2004 to 2008 so SSP had much news to debate. Can't believe that I first encountered that site in 1999. Obscure trivia: much of the original Calgary traffic onto SSP linked from a smaller site focusing solely on Calgary development. The administer of that site was current Global News correspondent Jackson Proskow. He was a SAIT student at the time. His SSP ID was BroadcastBoy. I only attended one Calgary former meetup, back in December 1999 at a restaurant in Chinatown. SSP nosedived after about 2012.
That sounds about right, I think I joined into SSP around 2004 iirc, and at that time things were on the upswing development wise. It seemed like the site took a big bump in the number of members when rumors of the Bow were announced and then revealed.
I enjoyed the site when things were good, but definitely started to go downhill....can't put a finger on why, but there were a few people who were more of a detractor than a benefit. With most of the discussion in one thread, one of the downsides was that one or two detractors could cause to go off track easily. Those who were serious sometimes couldn't find what they were looking for.

Back