8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thought this could be a fun topic, that is retail related.

So what did you get?

Simply Dan and I got a new addition for our condo this Christmas...

Dakota.jpg

DSCN0688.jpg

Lots of jeans, shirts, a classy overcoat I always wanted and a new iPod since my battery decided to go south.

That cat is beautiful.

I got an iPod Touch. It's so sweet! I also bought a new camera with the awesome boxing day sale. I got a Canon XS DSLR. I can't freakin wait to get it! Finally a good camera.

Aw I just looked that up, RFDers must have sniped it. Congrats on your new camera.

call yourself lucky...photography is an expensive hobby. :( (but i love it ;))

thinking of going out to buy a bag for the camera tomorrow but can't decide yet.

I got some horrible Chinese food--at Ka Ka (un)lucky seafood restaurant @broadview and gerrard. That place is disgustingly filthy. (Well, good soup, and cheap too, but still so dirty. Ugh.)

(I think I posted a photo on UT of the place, as the name stuck out as kinda funny: HanuKAKA lol.)

Here's two photos I took xmas day:

Inside:
DSC09995-1.jpg

Outside:
DSC00108.jpg

The food I (and friends) ordered: Corn Mash soup (yummi!), hot'n sour soup (I ate the entire bowl myself!:D), mushrooms and veggies (yuck, too much msg), cod fillets (okay, a bit too greasy), bbq duck (too fatty, yuck), wonton soup (bland), etc. I'd just stick with their soups, but then you can get them at cleaner establishments, so why bother here?
DSC00110-3.jpg

Last edited:
The pastry shop just to the south of Ka Ka Lucky Seafood ( where nothing in the window is actually seafood ... ) is good. And there used to be a wonderful restaurant - Ka Hee - near there, or in the same location as Ka Ka, in the '70s and '80s that got a nostalgic mention on Chowhound. That grocery store with frisbee-shaped dried ducks that used to be just to the north of Ka Ka had novelty value too. Jun Jun was another good restaurant, downstairs at the south side of Gerrard just east of Broadview, but that closed in April '99 not long after the shooting; though I found the cigarette smoke more of an annoyance than the gangsters who dropped by now and then, had supper, and left without paying.

Yeah, I went in the pastry shop for "desert." Got some raisin bun thingies (bland), some lemon cake (good), some custard buns (good), and some rice cake (not my thing, so blah.)

The bakery:
DSC09998-1.jpg

The treats I got: half of them I didn't like.
DSC00002.jpg

Basically, Cantonese food is bland; oh, and Ka Ka loads you up on MSG--ugh! Stay away.

Last edited:
KaKa and others like it are good for one thing: Buy some cooked chicken or pork or duck, have them chop it up and take it home and eat it with white rice. Blanch and stir fry some kind of Chinese greens for a side. I grew up on a diet like this. It's cheap too.

I know what you mean by Chinese restaurant bathrooms.:eek:

Back