8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Observer Walt

Member Bio
Reaction score
... in the CCBR building at U of T. Walking along College Street, I impulsively decided to venture into this building, and the nice large bamboo trees that were in the lobby are now nothing but a rather scraggly "ground cover" type of planting.

Anyone at U of T know what happened?

From what I heard from friends still there, they were far too expensive to maintain and actually started dying, so they had to remove them. While they looked nice I have always thought it was a rather impractical idea to grow those bamboos.

Do you mean this indoor bamboo garden at U of T?

n850130108_4233649_4732.jpg

While we're on the subject of stuff disappearing - does anyone know what happened to chair & half circle sculpture at the TD Centre. I went by today and they wuz gone.

That's one of those things I wonder if it might have been deemed "well-meaning but inappropriate".

In an inverse TD Centre question, I wonder what that Cummins generator's been doing on York St for months on end...

TD Centre recently replaced all of the tiles on the plaza on King Street. It's my understanding the sculptures will be reinstalled.

I went by this garden today, yep the bamboos have been chopped down to nubs. They are no more. Sad.

Back