News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Daily Double:

This person is Trebek's replacement.

Who is to be determined?

Correct (as of this post)

Sad but we knew that was coming (prognosis for pancreatic cancer is dreadful).
It’s why I don’t get smokers, especially heavy smokers like Trebek. You know it’s going to kill you, usually through pancreatic, lung or throat cancer. 80 is a good run even for non-smokers, but had he quit smoking back in the 1990s he’d likely be alive today enjoying his show, family and life. Isn’t that worth putting down the smokes? It’s the same thing I told my Dad in the late 1980s, quit and live, continue to enjoy your life, but no he chose the smokes and was dead from cancer at 69. Such a stupid habit.

Last edited:
It’s why I don’t get smokers, especially heavy smokers like Trebek. You know it’s going to kill you, usually through pancreatic, lung or throat cancer. 80 is a good run even for non-smokers, but had he quit smoking back in the 1990s he’d likely be alive today enjoying his show, family and life. Isn’t that worth putting down the smokes? It’s the same thing I told my Dad in the late 1980s, quit and live, continue to enjoy your life, but no he chose the smokes and was dead from cancer at 69. Such a stupid habit.

That's the power of addiction. Rational logic applied from the non-afflicted doesn't work.

He was 80. I lost two family members to pancreatic, and lung cancer, one 50 the other 66. neither of them smoaked a day in their life and rarely drank. My 66 year old uncle was a TTC bus driver. my guess inhaling those traffic fumes for 30 years did him in. It's a fact. Exposure to traffic-related air pollution significantly increase the risk of lung cancer. I expect my older silblings to out live me. They moved out of the city, where the air is cleaner.

Pancreatic cancer is a b**tch. It usually doesn't get detected until too late and has a lousy prognosis.

Back