4.7K     0 

Probably something like:
40% Windows laptop at work
40% Linux desktop at home
20% Android phone

All with Chrome browser.

First laptop?
osborne1.jpg

That is true. However, "laptop" as in a notebook computer, is most often a single word.
A neologism that moved into common usage certainly, but to my 1970s brain not one that somehow looks right. Similarly as a young office worker in the 1990s, I could never get used to the grammatical concept of "fax" as a verb, as to me one sends a fax or facsimile, as opposed to faxing a fax.

I cannot claim to be an expert of literacy, and make my share of errors and omissions, but I do try my best to be accurate and correct. I've always believed if it's worth saying or writing, it's worth doing it properly.

95% Android phone--never sign in.
2.5% desktop PC
2.5% laptop PC
I only use the laptop to write posts/photo updates, which you'll note is increasingly less frequent.

UT better get more mobile friendly and perhaps do away with the login requirements. Or perhaps allow you to post via your FB/Twitter/instagram/etc accounts.

UT forum looks fine on my mobile, but it's annoying having to login to see some content.

XenForo software (which UT uses) allows users to log in via their social media accounts. It can be configured to allow such logins. How do I know? I am a mod on a XenForo-powered forum that allows social media logins.

Back