News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the non-Americans, this link shows how the United States allegedly votes for their president. See link.

ideology_desktop.jpg

That diagram seems to show that while the two candidates themselves would be considered conservative/right wing by Canadian standards, there is a sizeable part of the US populace that would fit into the range of political views typical in Canada -- Bernie Sanders is to the left of any Canadian political party here, even the NDP or Bloc, and yet he managed to appeal to a lot of Americans even if he never made it as nominee. The average Democrat (assuming the primary results are representative and would be roughly evenly split between Clinton and Sanders, with a lean towards the former) would pretty much be a Liberal here.

Utah could easily go independent or third party. A new poll showed Trump and Clinton tied with 26% each and independent conservative Evan McMullin with 22%.

Utah has gone from one of the most boring states politically to one of the most interesting.

At least the Mormons put their votes where the values are - unlike Jerry Fawell:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...is-not-trump-u-students-protest-donald-trump/

Choice quote by Jerry -
This student statement seems to ignore the teachings of Jesus not to judge others but they are young and still learning.

And just what had he been doing? Hmm...

AoD

Everyone:

After a long absence I noted this topic on the US Presidential Election and liked WKLis's posting about the lesser of two evils here (Page 26)...
I totally agree with his statement here...

I wanted to see how UT members are taking notice on this US Election from a Canadian standpoint...

To me Donald Trump comes off as an angry arrogant rich tycoon that would be a megalomaniac as US President if he were
to be elected...I have heard the F-word (Fascist) used to describe DT - I can agree with that...

Hillary Clinton has baggage...Lots of it...but in this case would be the more qualified Presidential candidate...
The right-wing attack machine is attacking her and the US Election as a whole - but anyone with any sense can
see right through that...

Why can't the US nominate and elect a youthful charismatic President similar to Justin Trudeau instead of DT and HC
to succeed Barack Obama? HC and DT are both at or around 70 years old - 15 or so years older then Obama is...

Hard-core Trump fanatics are a rough lot - they do indeed remind me of the Rob Ford Nation types in Toronto
But...in this case instead of a weak major-city Mayor this is to lead an entire nation and be one of the most powerful
world leaders on earth - quite different to me and many that do not want to see Trump elected US President...

If the Democratic Party had a stronger candidate (I thought VP Joe Biden to the rescue had Hillary faded in polls)
they would be far out in front instead of this election being competitive - and what I believe will happen is that there
will be a record US Presidential Election turnout once rational citizens realize what is at stake this year - keeping
Trump from becoming US President...

I remember the mention about voters being tired of the 2015 Canada PM Election when Justin Trudeau was elected...
In this case I am beyond tired of the nonsense from all sides and want to get past November 8th so everyone can move
on...Let's hope it is clean-cut and fair and square remembering what happened in November 2000 (GW Bush vs. Al Gore)
with the Florida count debacle...

Long Island Mike
October 20, 2016

Last edited:
Setting aside moral/ethical baggage - Clinton does her homework, Trump doesn't. If one can't even be bothered to do it in a race, not much more can be said.

Personally I am a little fearful about the state of the American Republic - where a significant portion of the population are a) armed to the teeth and b) convinced that any democratically elected leader is illegitimate unless he is their anointed choice.

That isn't a good combination at all - and this is all happening in an environment where US leadership is waning relative to other emergent powers.

AoD

Last edited:
It is really disgusting what the Democratic National Committee did to Bernie Sanders. I hope Trump wins for that reason alone. Or rather, I don't care who the winner is. It could be Donald Trump or Gary Johnson. I don't care, I just hope Hillary Clinton loses.

I wanted to see how UT members are taking notice on this US Election from a Canadian standpoint...

I thought long and hard about it (for about 2 seconds), and came to the following conclusion:

Screen shot 2016-10-05 at 10.22.05 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-10-05 at 10.22.05 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-10-05 at 10.22.05 PM.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 301
Everyone:

The New York Daily News - which is no fan of Donald Trump and his conduct during his Presidential campaign -
has come out with a 14 segment editorial titled "BURY TRUMP IN A LANDSLIDE".

They are in this order:
Demagogue
Fraudster
Head Case
Fake Philanthropist
Liar
Flip-Flopper
Ignoramus
Conspiracy Theorist
Tax Evader
Divider
Authoritarian
Security Risk
Misogynist
Enemy of Democracy

This title was the cover story for the Friday October 21, 2016 paper - I figured that this would be good for UT
members to comment on with the US Presidential Election just over two weeks away at this point (11/8)

www.nydailynews.com/2016/10/daily-news-editorial-bury-trump-in-landslide

After reading this it only makes me agree that Trump should NOT become the next US President...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back