8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Vandyk Group of Companies plans to launch Windows on the Green in Mississauga sometime this fall. An application has been submitted to the City of Missisauga for a two-building development at 3170 Erin Mills Parkway, north of Dundas Street with approximately 277 units.

http://www.vandyk.com/wotg/

Interesting that they are finally coming to market, the website for Windows on the Green has been up for almost three years!

"plans to release" and actually release may be two very different things.

It's bit of an orphan site - right beside a strip plaza that has seen better days (now housing a Giant Tiger), and forget direct access to Erin Mills Parkway since it's very much a high speed arterial with no chance of getting another traffic light so close to the one at South Millway.

AoD

Windows on the Green (Erin Mills Pkwy @ Dundas, Miss., Vandyk, 4s, Romanov Romanov)

www.windowsonthegreen.ca

Just north of Dundas along Erin Mills Parkway

20110724a004.jpg

20110724a001.jpg

20110724a003.jpg

20110724a002.jpg

20110724a006.jpg

Great news! My girlfriend used to live nearby, spent many nights in Abbey Road. This area is well serviced by transit but is in desperate need of more density.

The Vandyk group has been advertising as though they have been approved. They have not. They have resorted to putting a work trailer on the site, to make it look like construction is starting. They were advised by the city to remove the trailer. Now, they have posted HUGE signs advertising the presentation centre and removed the zoning application signs. City Counsel has assured me that the application process will be delayed until they replace the signs.
Residents of the area, including myself, will protest this development as long as we must. Traffic is already heavy on Fifth Line - between 7am and 9am, we have to wait for 2 - 3 light changes, to turn onto either Erin Mills Pkwy or Dundas...212 more units/cars?...I don't think so! Also, with the closure of 3 area schools, how will Brookemede PS handle all the students?

The original 53 unit townhouse plan was fine...Vandyk obviously cares more about the almighty dollar than the welfare of of people.

This is an excellent infill project. Misssissauga needs more of these. What's so good about it?

1) The building is massed to address the street, could set new precedent for Erin Mills Parkway.

2) The scale is approprate for this part of Missy.

3) Good density, all things considered. Parking is underground.

4) Offers new housing types for Mississauga residents - new condo product, new lofts.

5) Decent contemporary design. Not superstar architecture, but quite attractive with a nice varied palette of materials on exterior.

http://vandyk.com/residential/wotg/index.html

We need to start re-visioning suburbia. This project does that in an understated way.

Last edited:

Back