News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I made it 'Eggplant' because that's what 'Aubergine' means in English. This is a classic case of borrowing a better sounding French word (far better sounding, actually) to class-up the marketing for this building, and to me it just comes across as pretentious.

I don't know where in Oakville this place is - I haven't bothered to see if its location is mentioned on their website or not - and I will assume it is beside a wooded lot, so great, I am sure there will be pleasant views from the complex, but is there any chance the woods will be full of purple - I mean 'aubergine' - coloured flowers as are shown in the ads? That seems like a stretch, so why not take a swipe at it all?

By no means am I telling you what to do, but shouldn't we stick to the original project names on this forum?

I can't wait until they release those Abbatoir condos on oh-so-hip Niagara street.

Mr. Wiggin:
Good morning, gentlemen.

Clients:
Good morning.

Mr. Wiggin:
This is a 12-story block combining classical neo-Georgian features with the efficiency of modern techniques. The tenants arrive here and are carried along the corridor on a conveyor belt in extreme comfort, past murals depicting Mediterranean scenes, towards the rotating knives. The last twenty feet of the corridor are heavily soundproofed. The blood pours down these chutes and the mangled flesh slurps into these...

Client 1:
Excuse me.

Mr. Wiggin:
Yes?

Client 1:
Did you say 'knives'?

Mr. Wiggin:
Rotating knives, yes.

Client 2:
Do I take it that you are proposing to slaughter our tenants?

Mr. Wiggin:
...Does that not fit in with your plans?

Client 1:
Not really. We asked for a simple block of flats.

Mr. Wiggin:
Oh. I hadn't fully divined your attitude towards the tenants.
You see I mainly design slaughter houses.

Clients:
Ah.

Mr. Wiggin:
Pity.

Clients:
Yes.

Mr. Wiggin:
(indicating points of the model)
Mind you, this is a real beaut. None of your blood caked on the walls and flesh flying out of the windows incommoding the passers-by with this one. My life has been leading up to this.

Client 2:
Yes, and well done, but we wanted an apartment block.

Mr. Wiggin:
May I ask you to reconsider.

Clients:
Well...

Mr. Wiggin:
You wouldn't regret this. Think of the tourist trade.

Client 1:
I'm sorry. We want a block of flats, not an abattoir.

Condo site - taken today

attachment.php

The path along the site.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Aubergine 005.jpg
    Aubergine 005.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 400
  • Aubergine 003.jpg
    Aubergine 003.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 394
This condominium apartment is now cancelled. Daniels will be build freehold towns or detached on the site.

Oh, if only UT could claim to have enough influence to have been the ones who took this one down... if only for the silly and pretentious name.

Back