39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBob

Member Bio
Reaction score
If nobody else is going to ask, I will: what happened with the forum over the last couple of days? The withdrawal was... excruciating. I have... no words... it was just... Please don't do this again?!

^Too funny. I was just about to start a thread for the same reason.

I had no idea about my UrbanToronto addiction until my supply ran out. The forum was greatly missed. I was at a loss for how I would fill my random minutes of spare time at work. I was truly in a panic.

I have no idea what was going on with the "orange" web host (but I'm sure you must have dumped them). If this is a money issue, please let us all know and we'd probably all be much more inclined to donate money.

I had to substitute UT with Spacing and SSC, but it was never the same.

Also, the random opening of the mod forum last night was an unforgettable forum moment ;).

The Orange is now orange juice.

The server crashed and they were having a hard time fixing it. Instead of dealing with them we moved the site to a much larger server. There might be sporadic issues in the next few days after which everything should settle down.

Had we know in advance that we were moving the site we would have given everyone a heads up. And we would have moved the site over a weekend.

Also, the random opening of the mod forum last night was an unforgettable forum moment ;).

I first realized something serious was up when I saw your post in the admin section. I was like "what's up with that"? I logged myself out and came back and went wtf! I tried to close it down but I was constantly being denied access. It took an hour before I could do anything.

Uh yeah.

About that.

Is it wrong that I may have read a few juicy and scandalous posts that I soon realized were meant for mods only? Are there certain members that are now going to leave in a huff?

Many thanks to those who keep this site alive and healthy. Yes, I too had to turn to SSC and I had to take a long shower after just to feel clean.

Funny, I was experiencing the same sense of loss and craving my daily fix here. I had a dream last night that, well, nevermind. It was ugly.

Perhaps some of us should start an UT support group, and meet once a week. Medication and crisis counselors can be at the ready should we experience periods of downtime in the future

I'm sure brighter and more powerful minds have already noticed, but just in case... I'm noticing that pages of posts now only have 10 per page as apposed to 15 per page. I think that may interfere with prior cross-referencing and google links, no?

Thanks for getting it back up again. If my managers at work expect me to perform all the time as I have in the past few days, they are sadly mistaken.

Guess the Air Conditioner broke down.

histo_06_it_02_main+cartes_perfo_600-pixlargeur_contr_10_coul25+20_u_150_1_10_q6.jpg

Moving all those boxes of IBM punch cards would have been a hassle.

79-0009-207.jpg

Thank goodness, you finally got it back up and running.

64-1974-1.jpg
univac2.gif

Last edited:

I first realized something serious was up when I saw your post in the admin section. I was like "what's up with that"? I logged myself out and came back and went wtf! I tried to close it down but I was constantly being denied access. It took an hour before I could do anything.

Uh yeah.

About that.

Is it wrong that I may have read a few juicy and scandalous posts that I soon realized were meant for mods only? Are there certain members that are now going to leave in a huff?

a secret forum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQerFAh4Wk

Mr. Wiggin:
...I see. Well, of course, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist. You excrement, you whining hypocritical toadies with your colour TV sets and your Tony Jacklin golf clubs and your bleeding masonic secret handshakes. You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards. Well I wouldn't become a Freemason now if you went down on your lousy stinking knees and begged me.

Client 2:
We're sorry you feel that way, but we did want a block of flats, nice though the abattoir is.

Mr. Wiggin:
Oh sod the abattoir, that's not important.

(He dashes forward and kneels in front of them)

But if any of you could put in a word for me I'd love to be a mason. Masonry opens doors. I'd be very quiet, I was a bit on edge just now but if I were a mason I'd sit at the back and not get in anyone's way.

Client 1:
(politely) Thank you.

Mr. Wiggin:
...I've got a second-hand apron.

Client 2:
Thank you.

(Mr. Wiggin hurries to the door but stops...)

Mr. Wiggin:
I nearly got in at Hendon.

Client 1:
Thank you.

(Mr. Wiggin exits. Mr Tid rises.)

subscribed threads are missing! :(

about me info is missing also!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back