News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I past the site last night and they were raising a part of the central forms.

They are going to have to jack the crane up yet again, Once the level that is currently getting prepared is poured the crane will be basically touching forms.

If you look at the renderings early in the thread, there is something on the roof (but not a heck of a lot). It is more of a 'bump' than a wing. In any event, it was hardly interesting architecture.

Five more floors, same height?

The wing was to be that tall? Of course, every floor could be getting a bit shorter to accommodate the new ones, probably only having to shave a few inches of each...

The other question that suggests is 'Has more density in total been added to the site?' Otherwise, Tower 2 will be getting shorter...

Oops, I'm inadvertently keeping this thread 'open' by posting to it again. Even with my whining about the bland box architecture, I can't help myself, no discipline...

How can they fit 5 floors where the roof top element was to be? They must be getting a bit of extra height or shorter floors. Wouldn't it be to late to alter the floor heights though? By now I would have thought that material orders would have been made to specific measurements. Though perhaps it's still early enough to request changes to the schematics be made.

I only see room for an extra 2-3 floors in this image.

baNS.jpg

How can they fit 5 floors where the roof top element was to be? They must be getting a bit of extra height or shorter floors. Wouldn't it be to late to alter the floor heights though? By now I would have thought that material orders would have been made to specific measurements. Though perhaps it's still early enough to request changes to the schematics be made.

I only see room for an extra 2-3 floors in this image.

baNS.jpg

3 floors of Bay Adelaide are mechanical(M-3). I'm assuming they could take the additional room from there.

The could also be putting back the first three floors behind the facade of the old building, instead of having a block-long, triple height lobby. Hey presto - 2 more floors.

That would be depressing, so let's hope not.

I thought they had an option with the city planning department of adding height

Back