News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

from Absolute
DSCF7706.jpg

twll me again why we stopped maling building this interesting and beautiful. the details are something else! a big building with this kind of attention to details and having this old. look to it would be neat. and what happend to gargoils. why do we not use them anymore in modern constructions?

twll me again why we stopped maling building this interesting and beautiful. the details are something else! a big building with this kind of attention to details and having this old. look to it would be neat. and what happend to gargoils. why do we not use them anymore in modern constructions?

Drunk post?

Thanks for all the pics, I look at these and find it hard to believe its Toronto, it's grown so fast the skyline changes every year, and looks so different depending on what direction you're facing, I love this city more and more, and am very proud to call it home, my one regret is not being able to live long enough to see how huge it will be, and how awesome it will look, in 50 years (I'm already 43, it's a long shot!). Saw a TV show on what the city will look like in 50 years, pure seculation, but amazing none the less!

Thanks for all the pics, I look at these and find it hard to believe its Toronto, it's grown so fast the skyline changes every year, and looks so different depending on what direction you're facing, I love this city more and more, and am very proud to call it home, my one regret is not being able to live long enough to see how huge it will be, and how awesome it will look, in 50 years (I'm already 43, it's a long shot!). Saw a TV show on what the city will look like in 50 years, pure seculation, but amazing none the less!

Here's a book from 1961 that celebrates the wonderful city of Toronto (The New Toronto).
Fabulous photography by Henri Rossier!

Attachments

• The New City 1961.jpg
    The New City 1961.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 266

agreed. although most non-skyscrapergeeks might not notice the details, the skyline really does gain many new additions every year.

People say our skyline is dominated by condos now... at this rate, in 20 years our skyline WILL be condos. I hate to say it, but given the quality we've been seeing across the city, it isn't necessarily a good thing (there are exceptions of course, but most are the high-end 5-star hotel/residence projects)
only time will tell...

really awesome indeed!
definitely a smart move to have setbacks on the upper floors of Trump, so it pushes them away from Bay Adelaide a bit, giving more room to breathe in the view.

The trump penthouse owners will at least be able to say they have the highest residence in Canada, at least till the Aura penthouse owners move in.

Back