News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

What gives these LGBQT groups the right to ban Premier Smith and UCP members from Pride Celebrations? Believe it or not, there are conservative LGBQT people in our province, many who voted for the UCP. Are they not allowed to attend Pride Celebrations? These LGBQT groups also banned the Edmonton Police during the George Floyd riots and were ardent supporters of "defunding the EPS" - I remember Sohi, Janz, Janis Irwin and many other left wing local politicians supporting this - defunding of our brave and much needed police force - absolute craziness. The LGBQT groups latch onto any supposed "progressive" movement of the moment without apparently putting much thought into it. Of course Sohi tried to walk back his "defund the police" stance but average citizens remember. Its amazing how many supposedly "educated" big city academia types support all these "progressive" causes. In hindsight, it doesn't seem that smart.

Actually Sohi has was one of 9 on council that voted for the new police funding formula that provides EPS a base amount (higher per capita rate than any other city in Canada) plus it's tied to inflation and population growth - something most cities don't do but provides EPS with more predictable funding.

It was actually the UCP that took more money from police traffic tickets starting back in 2020 that leaves the city with $5.5 million less per year - money that could be used for police and traffic safety operations.

Screenshot_20240519_102856_Samsung Internet.jpg

so from 2020-23 that has resulted in about $22 million in reduced funding to Edmonton. Then the province announces money for 50 officers , although delayed, which cost them less than half of what they took from cities - but hey, the province is coming to the rescue!

Actually Sohi has was one of 9 on council that voted for the new police funding formula that provides EPS a base amount (higher per capita rate than any other city in Canada) plus it's tied to inflation and population growth - something most cities don't do but provides EPS with more predictable funding.

It was actually the UCP that took more money from police traffic tickets starting back in 2020 that leaves the city with $5.5 million less per year - money that could be used for police and traffic safety operations.

View attachment 565162

so from 2020-23 that has resulted in about $22 million in reduced funding to Edmonton. Then the province announces money for 50 officers , although delayed, which cost them less than half of what they took from cities - but hey, the province is coming to the rescue!

Womp womp.

I suppose the countdown is on until the perpetually affronted storyteller returns to decry lamestream media while citing a terribly written National Post article.

What gives these LGBQT groups the right to ban Premier Smith and UCP members from Pride Celebrations? Believe it or not, there are conservative LGBQT people in our province, many who voted for the UCP. Are they not allowed to attend Pride Celebrations? These LGBQT groups also banned the Edmonton Police during the George Floyd riots and were ardent supporters of "defunding the EPS" - I remember Sohi, Janz, Janis Irwin and many other left wing local politicians supporting this - defunding of our brave and much needed police force - absolute craziness. The LGBQT groups latch onto any supposed "progressive" movement of the moment without apparently putting much thought into it. Of course Sohi tried to walk back his "defund the police" stance but average citizens remember. Its amazing how many supposedly "educated" big city academia types support all these "progressive" causes. In hindsight, it doesn't seem that smart.
When Smith uses her power to hurt others, some of her more extreme supporters cheer her on. Then they pretend to wonder why she is not welcome there.

However, I realize that not all conservative people in our province support her on what she has done, a number don't. I expect they would be welcome at Pride Celebrations.

However, it would be better that those that just want to inflame the culture wars and restrict people's rights stay away.

Budget cuts and "defunding the police" are different things obviously. Also, love the language in some of these posts - such as "Smith uses her power to hurt others" and "her extreme supporters cheer her on". - its hillarious - such hyperbole and wacko over the top emotion. I stand by everything I said in my posts - average people don't believe all of this hyperbole and ridiculous drama. The LGBQT banning Premier Smith and the UCP from Pride Celebrations, just like they banned the EPS two years ago - just like they jump on the "Palestine Genocide" protests and create the "Queers for Palestine" movement - its so unbelievably stupid its hard to beleive - its a joke and the general population is tired of it. Its one of the reasons why the UCP won the election and will most likely win the next election. The NDP needs to adopt a more reasonable platform, or they will never form a government in Alberta again. Also, calling people who disagree with supposed "progressive" ideas "extremist" and "fascist" is getting old - really old. Also, most of these ideas are hardly progressive - more an more people are tired of the nonsense - many university profs and academia live in a publicly funded echo chamber and like to yell at the common folk how to think and behave. It used to be mildly entertaining but now its just annoying.

Last edited:
Finally figured out that Hamas and Palestinians are not the same thing. There's progress, I guess. Still outraged, though, so two steps back.

Finally figured out that Hamas and Palestinians are not the same thing. There's progress, I guess. Still outraged, though, so two steps back.
Ha ha - you are funny. This will be my last post on this forum - I will check back in a few years to see if any of the raging in the name of "progressiveness" has changed. I highly doubt it. Enjoy the next UCP majority!!

Back