IMG_0434.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg

That stone is so discordant with the rest. They'd be better off with a random colored rectangle instead of a random stone rectangle, or just more of the light grey material from the bands.
Exactly, or not even having the stone. If they had removed the stone panel and made the thick panel on the left white panel to match it would have looked better and would have been cheaper.

This building looks like what ChatGPT would spit out if you asked it to design a midrise apartment building in 2024
In all seriousness, I have seen some pretty amazing prompt to image AI programs lately. Do you think we will ever get to a stage where a developer could se one to day "design a mid-rise project on this parcel that meets all local bylaws and building codes", and forgo the need for an architect?

I have thought that many of the engineering consultants could be rendered obsolete with the flip of a switch from Google and the reams of GIS data out there at times, now it also seems like architects are at risk as well.

In all seriousness, I have seen some pretty amazing prompt to image AI programs lately. Do you think we will ever get to a stage where a developer could se one to day "design a mid-rise project on this parcel that meets all local bylaws and building codes", and forgo the need for an architect?

I have thought that many of the engineering consultants could be rendered obsolete with the flip of a switch from Google and the reams of GIS data out there at times, now it also seems like architects are at risk as well.
I think it would take some more advanced prompting but i 100% think we will get there. I come from the estimating field I think the entire quantity surveyor profession is in trouble as you'll be able to load a set of drawings into an AI program and it will spit out all the quantities of all materials in the building basically instantly.

For things like designing a complete building, the issue is that AI isnt smart or logical, it makes thing look and sound "correct" but when you dig down there are lots of errors.

I think a more realistic use in the short term would be to take a drawing set that is close to completion and ask the AI if the drawing set conforms to all the codes specified in a specific building code. Things like that

Back