News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Seems F&F Holdings AKA CentralTire is tired of changing them and so is looking skyward to "jack" up a 15-storey (or so -- probably six or seven) edifice maintaining the "Central" but discarding the "Tire" -- maybe to build a CentralreTired structure for elderly Civil Servants.
Screen Shot 2024-05-15 at 10.48.25 AM.png

If so, it would be too bad. The tire place is both decent and easy to get to from where I work nearby. I do miss the gas bar, but at least there is another one nearby.

I doubt "re-tired" civil servants would like to live so close to their previously toil and anguish, but perhaps some others would.

I realize the height restriction no longer makes sense, but this is a good commercial strip as is, so I hope it stays as is for a while. Some other empty and underutilized lots nearby are in much more need of development.

Likely want to dig a deep hole for parking as well since the area cries out for more con-venience for that amenity -- 'twould make financial sense and improve the development's bottom line (a little more tread on the economic side so-to-speak; a little more air to inflate; no-one likes a project to go flat).

If F&F wanted to get really creative, they could maintain their long-established Retail Presence putting work bays on the lowest of the Parking Levels thereby maintaining their existing business model and have as well a street-facing business related to auto accessories... I suspect it would do well -- who wouldn't like to have their car serviced while they are at work nearby (across the street)?

Last edited:
In the "stables" "meme" (theme) they could advertise as providing "shoes" for your "horses" (especially relevant for Mustangs, Chargers, and Broncos). Okay, I'm done horsing around now.

Seems F&F Holdings AKA CentralTire is tired of changing them and so is looking skyward to "jack" up a 15-storey (or so -- probably six or seven) edifice maintaining the "Central" but discarding the "Tire" -- maybe to build a CentralreTired structure for elderly Civil Servants.
View attachment 564161

Have we verified that this has Central Tire in mind and doesn't include "The Common" building next door?

If so, it would be too bad. The tire place is both decent and easy to get to from where I work nearby.
It would be indeed. They provide good, fast and fair service. Makes sense since they're always pretty busy.

Overall, going from slingin' tires to real estate development is a pretty big change in direction. I wonder if they're simply trying to maximize the site value before cashing out. Get preferential to development amendments on the CMU zone bylaw and a clean ESA after removing the u/g fuel tanks and suddenly there's a lot less risk for a potential buyer.

Overall, going from slingin' tires to real estate development is a pretty big change in direction. I wonder if they're simply trying to maximize the site value before cashing out. Get preferential to development amendments on the CMU zone bylaw and a clean ESA after removing the u/g fuel tanks and suddenly there's a lot less risk for a potential buyer.
This part makes me nervous, the "Successful business operator to Developer" path seems to often result in once used land turning into vacant lots. See Wild Earth Bakery....

Last edited:
It is true that often property owners will upzone property to increase perceived value to sell the property with no intention of doing their own development.

In this case at least it's not a DC rezoning, it will continue to be a standard zone (CMU) with some additional height added.

Reference ID:Job No 509735725-002
Description:To change the use from Office to Indoor Sales and Service (Azzy Pet Shop)
Plan 8622917 Unit 345
9909 - 104 STREET NW
Condo Common Area (Plan 8622917)
Applicant:BOLD DESIGN INC
Create Date:2024-05-10T08:44:07Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
Issue Date:2024-05-14T00:00:00Z

Back