News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

With reference to the business climate I know what you mean, a similar argument could be made for the pro-business environment in China. However, there is no absolute scale or group of policies that can be described as the most pro-business. The rule of law and by-law is vital to business in certain instances and a hinderence to it in others. For some businesses the most pro-business environment would be a lawless society, one that would be criminal by Canadian standards, where money is the sole determinant governing the power structure. For instance, are intellectual property rights a benefit or a hinderance to business? Are anti-trust or anti-monopoly laws a help or hindrance to business. Is competition a help or a hindrance to business? Is our healthcare system a help or hindrance to business? These questions have no absolute answer.

Wow. I can't believe the progress of Dubai Marina City. I remember working on that project back in 2000 just when they were starting the launch of the first batch of condominiums.

I wonder if there really is a boom at all. Are there people actually buying and if so where are they coming from? I was thinking it might be building for the future or something. Can that many people be moving into the area?

What a boring place to live!! No pedestrians to look at, no where to drive to. A dead end. Like building a city in nunavut. Maybe it's a city full of construction workers? Where are their women?

"Maybe it's a city full of construction workers? Where are their women?"

It is. And they're all back at home in India.

Are there people actually buying and if so where are they coming from?

A lot of the American and European business people I know have property there. It's somewhat cheap and most is increasing in value overall. There's low taxes (were talks of getting rid of it but I'm not sure if it has happened) so most don't mind having the property there. As well, since it's "middle-east" a lot of the middle class vacations avoid it/can't afford it and therefore it's pretty much a place for the rich to visit and live.

From what I've heard, there's actually a lot to do there. A lot of really nice resorts and once you get into the old portions there's a lot of nice villages and markets to visit.

Those giant towers under construction look like Cityplace on steroids!

Actually, they have hired a few Cityplace executives to run this development. A lot of the people working behind the scenes are Canadian. Even their international sales center is based out Canada. Same goes with Palm Island.

on another note: It is believed Michale Jackson has bought property there!

^ Micheal Jackson in the sales center...

21509_512.jpg

Back