What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The Condition of the Bateman lands, as well as the old 7/11 site is beyond sad.
At this point they are almost in the running with the owners of the Arlington for long empty lot depressing the neighbourhood the most. Its not a prestigious honour that should be wanted.

Even worse, at least the Arlington lot owners can argue their situation was unintentional.

The Batemans would never be my friends. I had an ex spouse who worked for one of them.

What a mess. The family sort of reminded me of the Trump family with people vying to be the favoured, most noticed. I don't want to venture into liable territory so thats where I will stop.

Given the judicial sale terms of this property, I don't think the Bateman's have controlling ownership of this property at this point.

Given the judicial sale terms of this property, I don't think the Bateman's have controlling ownership of this property at this point.
Which also isn't a surprise. The loss of the affordable commercial spaces that once existed there remains a negative however.

All for someone’s Hubris i expect.

The Batemans would never be my friends. I had an ex spouse who worked for one of them.

What a mess. The family sort of reminded me of the Trump family with people vying to be the favoured, most noticed. I don't want to venture into liable territory so thats where I will stop.
Usually if it seems like a bit of a mess to the public, its probably even worse behind the scenes.

I don't know anything about them, but its not surprising, family money can be the worst - a sense of entitlement, personal conflicts, little aptitude and training and maybe they just don't care.

If something has been sitting vacant for a long time, I feel lack of competence by the owners is often a factor.

Usually if it seems like a bit of a mess to the public, its probably even worse behind the scenes.

I don't know anything about them, but its not surprising, family money can be the worst - a sense of entitlement, personal conflicts, little aptitude and training and maybe they just don't care.

If something has been sitting vacant for a long time, I feel lack of competence by the owners is often a factor.
The sad thing is it wasn't vacant. It was once a busy and vibrant commercial building.

There was a crew on site this morning removing the current fencing in place. I believe there was some legal movement or resolve in December with the original 50% partner acquiring the remaining 50% but unsure what is happening now as I do not see any development or building permits.

I didn't think K&K was better more a small niche location. I used to go to the Polish Deli on Princes Elizabeth at the traffic circle. Alas its gone now.
Are you talking about the one that used to be next to the Polish Center? That business isn't gone, it just moved to the strip mall nearby where Value Village is at.

Bought by another failing developer?
Cancelled Again?
My understanding is that it was owned by two parties, one being the Bateman family. It went through judicial sale as the Bateman family was over the head. The project is now 100% owned by the other party who is a reputable local developer who everyone knows.

What their plans are with it I do not know.

My understanding is that it was owned by two parties, one being the Bateman family. It went through judicial sale as the Bateman family was over the head. The project is now 100% owned by the other party who is a reputable local developer who everyone knows.

What their plans are with it I do not know.

As long as it's not Regency, Alldritt or Niche then that's good news!

Back