I spoke with BCM today and asked them why The Edmontonian was still on their website and the reply was the project is on hold but not cancelled.
I’d still like to see it built **as is** in the photo but unfortunately the height would likely be dummied down as has happened to a few other buildings going up now. 🙄

Interestingly BCM Developments LTD. still owns the property North of Stationlands and still has the Edmontonian listed on their website.

Interestingly BCM Developments LTD. still owns the property North of Stationlands and still has the Edmontonian listed on their website.
What is interesting about this?

Their website shows The Corners project, which was abandoned by them taken over by Cidex as "coming soon" and right on the home page "The real estate industry in Edmonton had a great month in July 2013".

If you are going off of anything on their website, nothing about their website screams credible or relevant.

Well then the answer to your question is YES, it is interesting that a company -- BCM Developments Ltd. -- still owns the land after all this time and with internal hardships galore and that they have not even bothered to update their website. The interesting part is -- are they still hoping or planning for a corporate revival? (seems like maybe they are) and if so are they still planning on developing the referenced land with the Edmontonian or some other development concept? They have not gone into receivership so there are interesting considerations there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what archited is trying to say is that BCM is still alive and may still have plans to build something on this lot someday. Quite frankly, the simple fact that BCM hasn't gone into receivership is interesting and surprising in itself. It's probably far likelier (and preferrable) that this lot gets sold to another developer.

I think what archited is trying to say is that BCM is still alive and may still have plans to build something on this lot someday. Quite frankly, the simple fact that BCM hasn't gone into receivership is interesting and surprising in itself. It's probably far likelier (and preferrable) that this lot gets sold to another developer.
Since Station Pointe went into receivership, I have not heard anything from BCM and am shocked they are still operating... there's no chance this thing gets built.

This project was always a dream/design-exercise/fantasy and would be hard to build in a very strong Edmonton market, let alone the more recent ones we have been witnessing .

Back